PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter 4x4 front suspension on a 2WD?

10fronterasfotofurgo
10-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Hi there!! I'm the owner of a 2WD Sprinter 170 looking for more clearence. I want to lift de front suspension as much as I can and I am thinking about the possibility of mounting the suspension of the 4x4 model. Anyone knows if is it possible?

Thanks in advance!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sprinter SS
10-06-2018, 03:46 AM
Weird thing about the 4x4 front sub frame is it does not really gain any ground clearance. The way it attaches to the unibody there would be no problem doing it aside from a ton of work as the engine rests on the same front sub frame.

HighPockets
10-06-2018, 04:03 AM
Have you installed larger tires, people ask me if it is a 4WD. It's not.

Gene

Wrinkledpants
10-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Hi there!! I'm the owner of a 2WD Sprinter 170 looking for more clearence. I want to lift de front suspension as much as I can and I am thinking about the possibility of mounting the suspension of the 4x4 model. Anyone knows if is it possible?

Thanks in advance!!

No ground clearance increase on the 4x4. It's essentially a body lift to provide better approach and departure angles. If it's just ground clearance you're worried about, the 4x4 suspension won't solve that for you. Bigger tires would.

10fronterasfotofurgo
10-07-2018, 01:34 AM
Weird thing about the 4x4 front sub frame is it does not really gain any ground clearance. The way it attaches to the unibody there would be no problem doing it aside from a ton of work as the engine rests on the same front sub frame.

So, wich is the difference between one and the other? Why the 4x4 is 5/6 inches taller than the 2WD? Is it what Wrinkledpants says? A body lift? and, is it possible to mount that body lift (if it is really a body lift) on 2WD Sprinters?

10fronterasfotofurgo
10-07-2018, 01:35 AM
Have you installed larger tires, people ask me if it is a 4WD. It's not.

Gene

Wich size have you installed?

Onefin
10-07-2018, 09:02 AM
Why not just install a readily available lift kit?
https://www.vancompass.com/collections/sprinter-2007/products/van-compass-striker-sprinter-van-2-0-suspension-lift-system-2007

Onefin
10-07-2018, 09:03 AM
Wich size have you installed?

Tire size chart https://www.vancompass.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

10fronterasfotofurgo
10-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Why not just install a readily available lift kit?
https://www.vancompass.com/collections/sprinter-2007/products/van-compass-striker-sprinter-van-2-0-suspension-lift-system-2007

Because I'm from Europe and here is expensive the duane charges in case the products come from outside the European Union. Very expensive. We have to pay the taxes there in the States+21% VAT here. And you must add the shipment, which is also very expensive...