Anyone found a winshield and side window shades that fit well

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
I would like to find a quality sun shade for both my windshield and side windows. would prefer a really good custom fit.

Any suggestions?

Brian

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I couldn’t find any I was willing to pay for... I ended up buying a roll of foil/bubble-wrap insulation, a spool of cloth edging, and some rare earth magnets.

The bubble wrap isn’t quite stiff enough to span the windshield, so I added two vertical plastic battens that run between the dash and sun visors. 3M spray adhesive laminates an inner fabric layer, sewn around the perimeter with the edging tape, and magnets in the hem that stick to and seal the side window frames.

Good luck in your hunt,

-dave

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

Heatshield has custom fit windshield and side window sunshades for ANY vehicle, and they come in Silver or Gold.

I too was not willing to pay for pricey sunshades for my 2002 & I had homemade Reflectix (Foil Bubble Wrap) sunshades originally, and these are far better and fit perfectly, and the folks there a pleasure to work with.

$40 for the windshield and $40 for the 2 side windows shades & worth every penny.

TRY PROMO CODE "AUTOWEEK" or "BLOWOUT!*" for 10% off, one of them may still work, if not I'll see if I can find another as they pretty consistently have a promo code available.

Also if you buy 2 shades, such as the windshield and door sunshades shipping is free.

I even have 2 aftermarket windows that they sent me template kits for free, that they will no be able manufacture custom sunshades for.

FYI
I ordered 2003 Sprinter shades ( the first year listed) for my 2002 knowing that they would fit, and told them to update the website now that I have proven that they'll fit.
Also it takes a few weeks from when you order until when the sunshields are manufactured and shipped, and you will receive email updates for the whole process.

Last edited:

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser

Heatshield has custom fit windshield and side window sunshades for ANY vehicle, and they come in Silver or Gold.

I too was not willing to pay for pricey sunshades for my 2002 & I had homemade Reflectix (Foil Bubble Wrap) sunshades originally, and these are far better and fit perfectly, and the folks there a pleasure to work with.

$40 for the windshield and $40 for the 2 side windows shades & worth every penny.

TRY PROMO CODE "AUTOWEEK" or "BLOWOUT!*" for 10% off, one of them may still work, if not I'll see if I can find another as they pretty consistently have a promo code available.

Also if you buy 2 shades, such as the windshield and door sunshades shipping is free.

I even have 2 aftermarket windows that they sent me template kits for free, that they will no be able manufacture custom sunshades for.

FYI
I ordered 2003 Sprinter shades ( the first year listed) for my 2002 knowing that they would fit, and told them to update the website now that I have proven that they'll fit.
Also it takes a few weeks from when you order until when the sunshields are manufactured and shipped, and you will receive email updates for the whole process.
Thanks LDJ! Ordered side and windshield and got the 10% with the Autoweek coupon code. $71 and change.

brianzig

In for another Heatshield recommendation! Well worth the $80 for the set of three. The fit is excellent.

Heatsheild looks nice but the $120.00 cost (and 10% off no longer working) leans me towards a DIY version with a roll of Reflectix and Neo magnets.

Last edited:

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
The heatshield set works just fine, both in the hot sun, and on cool nights. they will get damp on a cold night, as the glass fogs up, but dry pretty quick.

since we have a motor home with no rear windows, I pulled the rear view mirror and ordered one without the cutout.

we pull the suction cup GPS mount and lay it in a dash compartment for the evening, cords still attached.

ocbones

FYI

+1

ranchworld

'06 158 2500 Passenger
+1. Just ordered my front window cover, 2006 T1N, "Autoweek" worked for %10 off.

Thanks LuckyDawgs Jim!

vstech

I’m an HVAC contractor, and I use a double layer of foil bubble wrap on my ductwork installs, so I just cut a few sheets of it, and roll it up when driving. Fits behind the visors, I don’t have a rear view mirror, so it’s a smooth sheet. And the side windows are held up with some of my magnets from the back...

B

billintomahawk

Hey LD Jim,
Thanks for the heads up, I bit the bullet.

$59.98 shipped, so that's free shipping and 25% off.
Windshield and side windows in cab.

Put the code in on the order page, not before(you get an error).

For all the desert dwellers I'm thinking this is a must have if you leave the vehicle.

I'll report back on fit and cold weather performance from Wisconsin, I'm working in the van everyday.

I ordered Gold just because I always wanted to be an astronaut.

bill in tomahawk

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with the inside reflective shade pieces for the front cab area, I have been considering adding one of those exterior vinyl pieces that wrap around the windshield and the side windows and hook on the trailing edge of the front doors for a perfect light seal of the whole front cab area. These keep all the front windows clean when parked for extended periods as a bonus.

cc_windsurfer

Thanks ldjim.

We have one of the exterior vinyl covers with roll-down Windows and it is nice for camping in hot weather because we can have the windows open for airflow and still have privacy and bug protection.

Down side is that the magnets that hold the sides down attract stuff than can scratch paint and you can't easily open the front doors after putting the cover on

Top Bottom