P1403 Code 03 sprinter

jasonsprinter03

Dealer scanned code and it came up with the p1403 code. From my searching it means no 5v to egr. I only get 3.5 volts to the egr. Anyone see this before? Any ideas were the wiring runs and how to check it. I am thinking about checking the voltage at the ecm.. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I included the wiring diagram for the EGR.

I would also disconnect the battery, remove the connector that contains the RED/YEL line from the ECU, and measure the continuity and to chassis GND.

Might as well check/clean the EGR while you're there.

Attachments

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Dealer scanned code and it came up with the p1403 code. From my searching it means no 5v to egr. I only get 3.5 volts to the egr. Anyone see this before? Any ideas were the wiring runs and how to check it. I am thinking about checking the voltage at the ecm.. Any ideas would be great.
The 612's 1403 EGR codes typically refer to flow issues. The 612 EGR valve does not receive a 5V output from the ECM. It is controlled by a PWM 12V signal (ECM maps based on MAF sensor and boost sensor inputs). This PWM signal needs to be evaluated with a scope not a voltmeter. Doktor A

jasonsprinter03

After messing around with a used egr that should not have been sold to me... I spoke with Doktor A. and he gave me his client price on an new egr. After a few trips it seems to be working fine. I hope the egr was the entire problem. After speaking with Doktor A he sure know his sprinters.

Thank You Doktor A...

Jason:cheers:

freedom.machine

2002 Freightliner 3500
The 612's 1403 EGR codes typically refer to flow issues. The 612 EGR valve does not receive a 5V output from the ECM. It is controlled by a PWM 12V signal (ECM maps based on MAF sensor and boost sensor inputs). This PWM signal needs to be evaluated with a scope not a voltmeter. Doktor A
Hello Doktor A. I am also having this 1403 code on my 2002 Freightliner. This EGR is only about 2 years old and I just replaced my 3yr old MAF sensor with a quality Bosch part. My P100 code went away, but the 1403 is still there. Any ideas on what to check next?

Top Bottom