PDA

View Full Version : Water in back-up camera lens

zipacrosswater
09-23-2018, 01:52 PM
I haven't tried unscrewing the camera lens. Anyone know if it's possible? Even after a week after it stopped raining, there is still water in there.

irvingj
09-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Wow, a real "fish-eye" view! Can't help you, but I'd like to know how it turns out & will follow this post.

zipacrosswater
10-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Well, the water is slowly evaporating. I'm down to 5 water bubbles after several weeks.

autostaretx
10-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Pack it in a bag of uncooked rice ... the rice is extremely hydroscopic and will dry out the camera by surrounding it with near-zero humidity air.

The fact it got wet means there's a leaking seal. Apply sealant around the joins of the cap and the shell (after drying it out).

--dick

zipacrosswater
02-27-2019, 01:19 PM
I just found out that my extended warranty covers the back-up camera. My local dealer just ordered a new one for me.

Motosicko
02-27-2019, 02:20 PM
I just found out that my extended warranty covers the back-up camera. My local dealer just ordered a new one for me.

My back-up camera was replaced under warranty too, for same issue. Fogged up after a driving in a snow storm, and left a film on lens that blurred the lens. Lens is sealed, and can't be cleaned out. I now try not to aim any water on camera while washing it. Getting scared to spray water anywhere on this van honestly :idunno: