Automatic Interior Lights

dbuzz77

Dbuzz77
while i was working in the van i noticed the interior light on a timer so i experimented with the switch above the rear doors. i surmised that 1 position left them on but i was mistaken. before i found this out i wired another light into the other 2 and finished the paneling , then i find out they are timed in that position also. anyone worked around this or do i have to cut the power wire at the switch and supply a steady power? thanks

96r50

All the way up is “on when rear or slider doors open”. Middle position is off. All the way down is “on”. Both “on” positions will run until the computer turns them off which is after 20 minutes.

D

Deleted member 50714

The lights time-out, I assume, to prevent grinding down the battery. I would do your due diligence about using the existing light power to add additional lighting. Grab power from underneath the driver seat.

dbuzz77

Dbuzz77
ya i know they time out, i was asking if anyone had a work around solution . i put switches on each light so they could be turned on 1 at a time

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
The usual solution is to leave the original lights alone and install a separate house battery and electrical system with additional lights attached to that battery. The original lights come on with the doors as you would expect, and the house lights provide the longer term lighting without timing out.

Top Bottom