Rear OEM fog lights in bumper

4wheels

Got them from MB dealer , they were about $40 each. Had to install relay . You can change bulbs to 5 watts and wire them from parking lights or connect them to brake lights.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

4wheels

Cool, so they fit where the reflectors normally are? Is any prewiring in place?
Yes , they fit where the reflectors are.
There was no prewiring . I tapped them from rear tail light plug and it is second from bottom wire . For relay power I used hot wire from rear factory 12v outlet . Of course - fuse.
Also , they come with plugs ( see picture) but I just cut them off and solder my own.

4wheels

Thank you for sharing. Did you wire them as tail or brake or fog lights? I found that Europarts has them as well https://europarts-sd.com/item.asp?PID=2081
I wired them as fog lights .
I also noticed that socket for light bulb has empty place for another metal contact , so you can install bulb with 5w and 21w and wire them from tail And fogs or tail and brake lights .
I didn't know that Europarts sells them . Just looked at receipt and with my discount that I am getting I paid $32 for each , but they had to be ordered . Thanks for sharing link

Sprinter SS

I bought one from europarts a couple of years ago but it did not come with the bulb, wire pigtail and plug. Even installing one is really nice addition to existing rear fog lamp.

Got them from MB dealer , they were about $40 each. Had to install relay . You can change bulbs to 5 watts and wire them from parking lights or connect them to brake lights. ..SNIP..
Sweet - now I can fill the hole in my rear bumper with something functional. I lost one of the rear reflectors after driving in some nasty mud/snow sometime back... This is awesome...it would be even cooler if we could get a clear lens option. I'll run this until I figure out a new rear bumper option...

Vanzer Pagen

Sweet - now I can fill the hole in my rear bumper with something functional. I lost one of the rear reflectors after driving in some nasty mud/snow sometime back... This is awesome...it would be even cooler if we could get a clear lens option. I'll run this until I figure out a new rear bumper option...
If you find something clear and bright please post. Trying to figure out a place to fit some high powered back up lights
Or if anyone knows an existing post... ?

JFloFoto

Yes , they fit where the reflectors are.
There was no prewiring . I tapped them from rear tail light plug and it is second from bottom wire . For relay power I used hot wire from rear factory 12v outlet . Of course - fuse.
Also , they come with plugs ( see picture) but I just cut them off and solder my own.

It's a relay really necessary to run them as brake/taillight?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4wheels

I tried without relay as fog lights.
When one extra fog was connected - it was working , as soon as the second was added - all 2 added lights didn't work AND factory fog did not work . No blown fuses or any lights on the dash

JFloFoto

Doubt it. That tail light assembly is very finicky. I was able to add LEDs to the assembly in addition to the brake bulbs, but could not get them working without sending a fault code to the dash. Even used relays for both. Ended up just wiring all lights as brake lights.

Doubt it. That tail light assembly is very finicky. I was able to add LEDs to the assembly in addition to the brake bulbs, but could not get them working without sending a fault code to the dash. Even used relays for both. Ended up just wiring all lights as brake lights.

How did you wire them to brake lights? Or could some one help me wire them as tail and brake lights

Top Bottom