DEF Gauge reset?

ackbar

Apologies if this has been asked before, I tried searching and could not find an answer.

2018 4x4; 3000kms on the vehicle.

DEF gauge in the instrument cluster says about 3/4s full, filled literally to the top about 5 days ago, and the gauge hasn't reset itself..

Does it typically take that long? I put about 400kms on today, and still hasn't changed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Apologies if this has been asked before, I tried searching and could not find an answer.

2018 4x4; 3000kms on the vehicle.

DEF gauge in the instrument cluster says about 3/4s full, filled literally to the top about 5 days ago, and the gauge hasn't reset itself..

Does it typically take that long? I put about 400kms on today, and still hasn't changed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
This is not a fully qualified answer, but mine seems to reset when I fill the fuel tank.

If I fill the DEF, it doesn't register the higher level until I fuel up. Maybe it is the resetting of the trip meter, or maybe not. It could just be that it queries the DEF level when the fuel gauge goes up.
Mine is also a 2018, with just over 10k miles.

ackbar

This is not a fully qualified answer, but mine seems to reset when I fill the fuel tank.

If I fill the DEF, it doesn't register the higher level until I fuel up. Maybe it is the resetting of the trip meter, or maybe not. It could just be that it queries the DEF level when the fuel gauge goes up.
Mine is also a 2018, with just over 10k miles.
Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated.

Maybe I will fill it up and see if that does the trick!

jbrownmxr

I’ve not been able to discern a pattern. I’ve filled it then fretted waiting for it to reset only to forget about it for a day or three and it has changed.

cc_windsurfer

2018 shows half full even after filling. I've refilled the fuel, reset the trip counter, and about 8 starts... Still shows half full

cc_windsurfer

So a Mercedes car guy told me that in the sedans; if you move the key to position 1, then wait ~ 1 min, the system will perform a reset including a poll and update of all sensors. I just tried this on our sprinter and now the DEF gauge is updated.

D

Deleted member 50714

So a Mercedes car guy told me that in the sedans; if you move the key to position 1, then wait ~ 1 min, the system will perform a reset including a poll and update of all sensors. I just tried this on our sprinter and now the DEF gauge is updated.
This guy says something similar about Onboard Diagnostics (OBD) at 2:37. Curious if it will reset the No Start countdown???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-UcddNWauM

Top Bottom