Buying an RV

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I was doing some research and came upon this page by mistake...

http://www.rvsleuth.com/rvsty/rvsty.html

I went to the index page of the site and found this page...

http://www.rvsleuth.com/content/buy-rv.html

By reading it, I found that the site was selling access to the first link above and had a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that reads...

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
I reserve the right to stop selling these recordings at any time. I don't enjoy hate mail, and I'm tired of getting pressure from dealers. (I'm sure most dealers are nice, but they aren't the ones sending me these emails!) If I take this site down, there will be no warning given. [/FONT]
If anyone thinks posting this info is immoral (providing a supposedly private, pay-to-access link), I'll delete the links or delete this thread. Hope this helps someone.

cajundjb

I was doing some research and came upon this page by mistake...

http://www.rvsleuth.com/rvsty/rvsty.html

I went to the index page of the site and found this page...

http://www.rvsleuth.com/content/buy-rv.html

By reading it, I found that the site was selling access to the first link above and had a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that reads...

If anyone thinks posting this info is immoral (providing a supposedly private, pay-to-access link), I'll delete the links or delete this thread. Hope this helps someone.
Seek, congratulations! :cheers: You may have just found the newest and latest scam. Wow! A disclaimer for providing info that someone expects to be able to charge for! :lol: I'm always wondering what they'll come up with next!! :crazy:

CocoaVan

Too bad buying most RV's can be as straightforward as buying a Lazy Daze Class C RV. Lazy Daze is old school. They sell factory direct out of their one and only location in Montclair, CA. You sign a PO at a reasonable list price, give them a deposit, and roughly six months later, out pops your new RV, which basically looks like the same Lazy Daze Class C RVs made for the past 43 years. They make about 200 or so each year, and the brand has a cult-like following. The on-line community is very helpful and creative, not unlike what we have here at Sprinter-Source. When I went to sell my six year old Lazy Daze RV last year in what was arguably the worst used-RV selling market in decades, I had folks driving to my house from out of state to see the RV. I ended up selling it for 95% of my asking price. :rad: And I only posted the for-sale notice on one Yahoo! group that serves the Lazy Daze community.

Brian

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Seek, there can be mixed feelings about what you found. That you found it without any subterfuge or hacking means that it truly is in the public domain. But since it was apparently posted by the guy who is selling access, it would seem to be immoral to keep it there.

In this case, I think the first circumstance prevails. Although it's a lot like finding a bag of money on the side of the road. The true obligation is to return it to the person who lost it. Yet, in this case, there is no money that was lost on the side of the road. The guy put together some information that he wants to sell but he left it out in the open for anyone to find.

At least one of the guy's recommendations (buy a warranty) is controversial and a recommendation I think is wrong. Maybe in the interest of protecting people from buying warranties you should dump the link.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
At least one of the guy's recommendations (buy a warranty) is controversial and a recommendation I think is wrong. Maybe in the interest of protecting people from buying warranties you should dump the link.
Bill, did you buy a warranty for your Sprinter RV?

I don't buy extended warranties myself, but would just like to hear from others on why. I know you mentioned it somewhere in the forum (I'll have to go find it), but it's worth repeating.

Besides the high profit margin, I always hear to only buy manufacturers extended warranty and some have done so. Why?

Jantje

Just bought an American Sprinter Van in Canada. NEW
Let see if I can contribute some info in the future.
2007 Great West Van...Stay posted

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Bill, did you buy a warranty for your Sprinter RV?

I don't buy extended warranties myself, but would just like to hear from others on why. I know you mentioned it somewhere in the forum (I'll have to go find it), but it's worth repeating.

Besides the high profit margin, I always hear to only buy manufacturers extended warranty and some have done so. Why?
\

No, I did not buy a warrany; I don't buy warranties. There is an excessive profit margin for the sellers of warranties (I've sold them). I save enough money by not buying warranties that I can afford any repair that comes at me. I have very little repair cost that would ever be covered y a warranty.

Top Bottom