PDA

View Full Version : Another Rear Camera Install

dbuzz77
08-14-2018, 07:35 PM
I've searched and searched it seem everyone with a t1n has a camera but i have an ncv3 and can't find a red/white wire or blue/white at the shifter. my shifter has blacks and greens and i can't see where the harness goes to the back. there doesn't seem to be a backup lead in the radio connector either. anyone done and aftermarket stereo with aftermarket backup camera? i would like to find the reverse lead up at the front. thanks

dbuzz77
08-15-2018, 03:44 AM
can anyone tell me exactly where the location of the wire is at the shifter or by the fuse panel?

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 05:01 PM
I hooked up the camera at the tail light and it is white/blue and looked at the shifter and the drivers side panel by the fuse box and can't see a white blue anywhere. i don't know if i'm looking in the right spots, can someone at least hint where they found the wire? thanks

ptheland
08-16-2018, 08:02 PM
I don't think you're going to find anything at the shifter. I believe the shifter is just an input to the transmission control module. And that module then talks to the body control module, letting it know when the transmission is in reverse so the body control module will know when to turn the reversing lights on and off.

I think the body control module is under the driver's (or port side) seat. If so, the wire to the actual back up lights will run from there to the back of the van. I have no idea what path they take to get there, but my first guess would be up the pillar to the rear of the driver's door and on to the back of the van.

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 09:25 PM
thanks for the info. i combed through every loom and can't find a white with blue tracer. don't know where to look anymore

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 09:36 PM
looking on someone's drawing there is a trailer light module it says rear of van. where would that be?

avanti
08-16-2018, 09:53 PM
thanks for the info. i combed through every loom and can't find a white with blue tracer. don't know where to look anymore

There are at least two white/blue wires in the drivers side A-pillar harness.

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 10:06 PM
how does the shifter panel come off? i finally after poking and prodding got into the wiring diagram and it says there is a wire at the shifter.
also is the left kick panel fuse panel under the seat or at the drivers left foot?

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 10:32 PM
what are you calling the a pillar?

avanti
08-16-2018, 11:14 PM
what are you calling the a pillar?

The A-pillars are the vertical posts that separate the windshield from the front doors. The plastic trim piece just pops off. You will find the wire harness behind the plastic on the driver's side..

dbuzz77
08-16-2018, 11:17 PM
i thought that's what it was but someone said behind the door so had to check. thanks. do you know how to get into the shifter?

dbuzz77
08-17-2018, 12:26 AM
thank you very much, very frustrating to find. i looked at that loom under the dash but with the excessive wrap and slight discolouration and lack of light in there it was viewed as another color. just went in the pillar and took it there, thanks again.