Water pump outlet OM647 vs OM612

ClyneSnowtail

So I have a 2005 T1N that Im going through, and I bought a lower radiator hose since it was soft from all the oil drooled on it (I think the turbo resonator is split; I also get a underboost code on this rig, new part coming)
So I ordered this continential part off rockauto, and I was happy when I got it and it had the Mercedes logo on it, but that quickly disappeared when I realized that it wouldnt fit.
Should I look for one from a particular year to get the right one? It looks like the new hose tees and goes into the bypass whereas mine has a separate hose coming off the long aluminum piece.
So it looks like my options are to buy whatever the short outlet is and use this hose, or buy the two correct hoses which is likely much cheaper.
Thanks for any help

Attachments

sailquik

Re: Water pump outlet

The cost of an engine coolant hose is not where I would be trying to save $$.
Yes, save a few $$ on the hose and risk a hose failure on the road and spend
$5,000-$10,000 to replace an overheated engine?
Take your VIN # to an authorized Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer's parts counter
and get the correct hose....traceable to your VIN # and any options on your Sprinter's
original build.
Here's a source for OEM Quality Sprinter cooling system hoses.
https://europarts-sd.com/mfg-subcat-item.asp?cID=100&scID=169
Not sure which one you need.
Can't tell from your photo.
Roger

Last edited:

ClyneSnowtail

Okay, thanks. RA has the wrong part listed then. Ill have to see if I can source the correct one. Im kinda in a hurry to get this back together so Im probably not going to be able to wait. Ill have to look around for the two hoses I need and see if I can order them from Carquest or something. Closest Mercedes dealer is about 2 hours away from me, so I'd prefer not to go there if I can avoid it..
I think Ive found the big elbow, its the little hose with the two 90* fittings that connects to the pipe under the radiator Im having trouble finding. This engine has a crazy amount of little oddball coolant hoses, jumping 3-6", and all custom molded too. I dont even know what to call half of them.

Top Bottom