T1 4x4 conversion help please!

tacotory

Hello All-

I have a 310 ex fire truck coming to me and I am hoping to do a 4x4 conversion on it. I have determined that there are a couple of companies in Europe that do the factory conversions for Mercedes using (I believe) G-Wagen factory parts.

I have really struggled to find any good info on the web through every search method I can think of.

Does anyone have any info that may point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Hello All-

I have a 310 ex fire truck coming to me and I am hoping to do a 4x4 conversion on it. I have determined that there are a couple of companies in Europe that do the factory conversions for Mercedes using (I believe) G-Wagen factory parts.

I have really struggled to find any good info on the web through every search method I can think of.

Does anyone have any info that may point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Fwiw It is not an easy conversion. There are threads here detailing some of the complications.

tacotory

Fwiw It is not an easy conversion. There are threads here detailing some of the complications.
Any chance you might be able to direct me to those threads? I have searched with every keyword I can think of and I'm not coming up with anything.

Any help would be great. Sorry if I am missing the obvious somehow...

tacotory

What is the rear axle width? And ratio?
On mine? Short answer- I don't know. I don't have it in my possession yet.

From other info I have dug up, I believe width will be 1475mm. No idea on ratio.

Did you have a thought relative to the axle?

AdrianD

On mine? Short answer- I don't know. I don't have it in my possession yet.

From other info I have dug up, I believe width will be 1475mm. No idea on ratio.

Did you have a thought relative to the axle?
Yes, I had :)
If I remember right, there was a guy here who wanted to buy a 4x4 Sprinter and it had a solid front axle. Which means the Jeep front axle idea would still be viable.
XJ / ZJ / TJ stock Dana 30's are 60.625 inches wide (from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface).
From what I can read, 3.73 and 4.10 ratios can be found on Sprinters. That makes it pretty easy to find a front axle. ZJ's with the 5.2 V8 have a low-pinion D30 with 3.73 gears, ABS and cv-joints. Low-pinion would help with driveshaft clearance.
Brakes would have to be upgraded to Explorer Sport brakes.
The rack and pinion steering would have to be changed to a steering box like on any solid front axle vehicle.

Top Bottom