Is it normal to have mixed brake calipers?

Luc

Hello all!

I just came back from a long trip to Newfoundland (the Sprinter was a beast and impressed me in many new ways...)

In the spirit of keeping up with maintenance and preventive maintenance, I wanted to order a complete brake parts kit from Europarts-SD.

I took some pictures in order to compare to their chart, and it appears that I have Bosch front calipers, and ATE rears. Is this at all possible? Or did someone get creative along the life of the van? (I've had it for 2 years, never touched the brakes yet)

2006 LWB cargo 2500.

Also, any recommendations to set this straight?

Thanks!!

Attachments

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Hello all!

I just came back from a long trip to Newfoundland (the Sprinter was a beast and impressed me in many new ways...)

In the spirit of keeping up with maintenance and preventive maintenance, I wanted to order a complete brake parts kit from Europarts-SD.

I took some pictures in order to compare to their chart, and it appears that I have Bosch front calipers, and ATE rears. Is this at all possible? Or did someone get creative along the life of the van? (I've had it for 2 years, never touched the brakes yet)

2006 LWB cargo 2500.

Also, any recommendations to set this straight?

Thanks!!
Bonjour...

Complètement normal; si vous voulez une surface propre, le sabler

Planning to do the same getting a package of brakes and rotors from Europarts SD for my 76,000 mile 2010 Sprinter Roadtrek Agile even though we have some life left; just security before we head to Graham Island, BC. Have visited Newfoundland/Labrador 3 times.

Cheers...

derekhski

My older 2002 T1N is also mixed front Bosch and rear ATE. As others note, its standard practice with the T1N's. I bought the complete sets Pads, wear indicators, and new Rooters through SD Europarts, with the 2 days shipping. Did the work in a friends driveway and have been happy ever since. Read the write up in the T1N section, and look at the various replies. There is some really good info that aids in the DIY change over. (like bungee cords to hold the caliper after removal)

Top Bottom