Stop and go brake squeal

kensuelo

All four brakes are squeeking bad, only during stop and go traffic on warmer days. Goes away eventually

Originally was thinking the pads aren’t retracting properly causing all to rub about the same.

What can I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
If they are just squeaking when you apply the brakes, not when you release them, try some fairly stiff brake applications from reasonable speeds, sometimes it’s just a little grit that needs to be burned off.

kensuelo

They don’t squeak while applying the brakes, only after they are released and at slow speed....thus my thinking they aren’t retracting properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Give em a few good stomps anyhow, you never know. Badly corroded calliper sliders and bore seals can hang up, but might as well try the easy stuff first

MikeP

"Good Luck!" and let us know what problem is, when/if found.
We have a Nissan that had brakes done couple years ago. Took back complaining squeal noise after drive awhile and let off brake, not applying brakes. Both times we took it back the shop said they could not duplicate the noise. I explained you had drive good 10 to 15 miles in town traffic but doubt that was ever done.
Still dose it, embarrassing when folks hear it and say need new brakes. But, have only put a bit over 1K miles since brake pads replaced.

Top Bottom