air in fuel line sprinter 208d

bittman

hi i just replaced fuel filter on sprinter 208d swb 1996 model and noticed air travelling up the fuel line to the filter which seems to increase under revs like bubbles flying through the line in to the filter from the tank.i dont know if it did this before as i did the job on the day i bought the van.the van ran fine after the fuel filter change and and i filled the new filter prior to installation to avoid bleeding .but when i went on the motorway about 5 miles up the road it struggled then cut out on me and was a pig to start again.im worried that it may happen again and would like some advice on where it is coming from.
i can see the bubbles coming up the feed tube after the elbow joint to the short pipe right before the filter , i cant see if it is coming from further down near the tank as this pipe is black.i can also see bubbles going up and down the tubes that go to the side of the engine but not to the injector feed pipe as this seems to be free of bubbles.any help welcomed cheers carl

Top Bottom