Dodge dealer left friend with head off & uncovered engine

Donphillipe

I am posting for a friend who has taken her 2005 (2006 Winnebago body) Sprinter into a Dodge dealer and is concerned they have left the engine uncovered under the hood for 2 weeks while they keep giving her alternating excuses of trying to find a new head to replace her cracked one. She says additionally the area it is parked has received a lot of wind and rain.

I know I have always tossed a blanket or sheet over my engines when I remove the head(s) while I take them to a machine shop for service but should she have concern and if so, what method doeth she have to protest?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 50714

Go over there and look at the vehicle and insist they cover the engine as a standard industry practice.

What Bob said.

There are many, many reasons that the open engine should be covered. I can't think of one reason not to do it.

Not that anyone asked...
Stored outside?? I would spritz the open cylinder bores with a little bit of light oil. Not too much, just a slight film. I think WD40 would be good, but there may be reasons not to use it.

:cheers: vic

lindenengineering

I am posting for a friend who has taken her 2005 (2006 Winnebago body) Sprinter into a Dodge dealer and is concerned they have left the engine uncovered under the hood for 2 weeks while they keep giving her alternating excuses of trying to find a new head to replace her cracked one. She says additionally the area it is parked has received a lot of wind and rain.

I know I have always tossed a blanket or sheet over my engines when I remove the head(s) while I take them to a machine shop for service but should she have concern and if so, what method doeth she have to protest?

Thanks!
I came across this recently where a Dodge dealer busted off glow plugs (in a run of the mill glow plug change out job ) then has a go at removing the head to supposedly remedy the problem.
Having damaged several injectors and couldn't get them out they pushed the van out and just about did the same as your post.

Each job and their circumstances are different .
Sometimes the shop will inform the customer to either pay more money or pick the rig up.
Sometimes they inform in writing and sometime they do nothing at all.
Sorry but insufficient factual evidence is in your narrative to give you solid advise.
My suggestion (and i am not an attorney) logically would be to take the van to an alternative trusted shop for evaluation. Determine factually if any climatic exposure by the elements took place with supporting evidence, then confront the dealer in question with the need for monetary relief if applicable in remediation of the alleged described negligence .
Dennis

surlyoldbill

Another salient tip: NEVER TAKE A VEHICLE TO A DEALERSHIP FOR REPAIR IF IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY

You shouldn't have to PAY for their shoddy work, lack of planning, and inept customer service skills.

Top Bottom