PDA

View Full Version : Coupla newb questions.

lightguy
06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Just picked up my 06 Freightliner 2500 Hightop last weekend.
I used this Forum to research the heck out of my decision before pulling the trigger. Great source of info here.
After I did the deal over the phone then the dealer proceeded to strip it down.
From sent pics it had custom speakers built in and who knows what else. Gone.
Gone were the spare, tools, books, and a few other items. Got most everything back by cannibalising another sprinter they had.
One thing I now notice are compartments in the drivers and passenger doors that are empty.
What is supposed to go in them ?

The van came with 2 grey ceiling rails with shock struts at the forward end.
Any idea what these are for ?
I'd like to figure a way to make these interior ladder racks if possible.

Van fuel gauge moved 1/4 tank with the drive from Houston to Fort Worth. Looking Good !

hkpierce
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Just picked up my 06 Freightliner 2500 Hightop last weekend.

One thing I now notice are compartments in the drivers and passenger doors that are empty.
What is supposed to go in them ?

They come new empty. Because Mercedes is always thinking what their customers might like and anticipate that any user of this compartment really is not interested in keeping that paper and would only be used for showing your customers that you are filing their paperwork in a close-at-hand location, they feature the ability to make papers you put in them disappear as they slide out between the crack. This feature has the added benefit of making the compartment always ready for new material.

rlent
06-18-2009, 11:20 PM
:lol:

312 diesel (closed)
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
First aid kit and waring triangle, but their presence is market specific.

lightguy
06-20-2009, 01:44 AM
First aid kit and waring triangle, but their presence is market specific.

Thanks

BaywoodBill
06-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Those door compartments... As you've learned, they are mormally empty in the US unless you add something. In ours we have a first aid kit in one door and rain gear in the other.