Best way to test blower motor problems.

vstech

I am guessing there is not a big set of resistors in the speed controller...

My blower will randomly stop. The motor isn’t hot, and I can touch the cage and it’ll sometimes kick in and start, sometimes not.

It’s super humid, and in the upper 90s all week... I gotta get this reliable.:drool::dripsarcasm::yell:

Double check the plug on the motor itself unplug it , check connections and plug back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might try temporary fused 12 volts jumped right off the battery to see if it is reliable. From there you can decide whether the motor assembly proper needs work or if it is a control problem.

vic

Last edited:

veganxxx

The plug on the blower motors can melt enough to make poor contact with the blower contacts. Try having the fan on high and wiggling the harness. Also test the harness for 12V while the fan is on high.

I recently had a blower motor not come on and the contacts on the back of the climate control itself had melted. There was 11 volts at the harness but it was a false indicator. Sometimes when there is a poor connection you will still get a voltage reading but the wiring won't be able to transfer enough amps to actually run the device (motor).

Top Bottom