Million Mile Sprinter is in Mexico!

D

Deleted member 50714

I am geeking-out! This will certainly be an excellent thread and learning experience. Thank you for sharing!!! Was the dashboard disassembly pre-existing?
What's the turnaround time/cost for ECU/SKREEM reflash? Could not discern from photos how complete the engine? What's next action item?

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
2004. Inline 5 cylinder. It's a US Sprinter that broke down in Mexico over a year ago. The owners bought me a plane ticket to come down and get it running. I'm doing the 120k cooling system maintenance to it and replacing the sensors from my 118 kit (links to both kits on my website below).
Then the plan is to drive it to Colorado where I would like to meet up with Dennis from Lindenengineering (you out there Dennis?) and then drive it back to the home of Million Mile Sprinter in Philly where I'm going to sell the van.
I'll be posting photo updates here on the forum and short video updates on my Facebook page. Just look for Joel Sell on Facebook.

Attachments

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
Neither do I, but I would like to see them on YouTube.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Nope, no altitude at the border so it's pretty damn hot here. While I didn't take a nap, that "siesta" time was nice to take a break during the hottest part of the day.
I'v got some footage I'll try to upload to YouTube. Millionmilesprinter is the name of my YouTube channel.

racerrrx

Stop by Columbus on your way back, I may have one or fourteen things for you to do on mine... or at least I'll buy you a meal.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Well, the ecu from SOS Diagnostics arrived today and she's alive! I had actually diagnosed it over the phone and had the owner send in the ecu. It arrived when they said it would and I plugged it in and it ran... And then promptly went into limp mode when I got out on the street. So I stopped and restarted it and got the turbo back, olny to loose it again in a minute.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
charge pressure code? assume you brought down your diagnostic equipment.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
I wouldn't be much of a Sprinter mechanic if I didn't bring my own diagnostic equipment, now would I?
And the DAD says...... EGR valve. I already removed and cleaned it, and it wasn't bad at all. But it's still throwing the same code. I guess the egr motor didn't like to be sitting for over a year....
But because the valve still closes and stays closed, it's a perfect candidate for an egr bypass.
Yes. It does exist. And yes, it does work. I haven't gotten it to work on every Sprinter I've tried it on, but I've had it work 100% of the time on 2004s. And this is a 2004. I'll update the forum tomorrow. But things are looking good for leaving Mexico early Saturday morning.

Attachments

B

billintomahawk

MMS,
If you want to make this into a road trip, hop on Highway 51 north out of New Orleans and come up to my place in northern Wisconsin(3 miles east of the highway) in Tomahawk. 51 north is a great drive.

We have plenty of lakes up here to jump in and if you keep going north from my place(100 miles) you will hit the big lake-Superior and the Upper Peninsula(the UP) of Michigan. Water temp in Lake Superior is always in the 40's F.

It doesn't get any better or friendlier or German than Wisconsin.

It's a small detour brother, the high temp for the next week is in the 80's F.

bill in tomahawk

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom