Interesting article on Sprinter CAN stuff

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Eric Ord is the person who wrote the DAD software (and probably oversaw the design of the hardware)

... that article was written in 2010.

--dick

Last edited:

O6sprinter

It's out of stock on Amazon, Google it no luck!

I don't know what they sold for but I'm interested. If anyone has any info on where one could be found please share.

Thinks Lee

It's out of stock on Amazon, Google it no luck!

I don't know what they sold for but I'm interested. If anyone has any info on where one could be found please share.

Thinks Lee
I assume that you are referring to the Eric J. Ord The Complete Sprinter Fault Code Guide Volume 1 and Volume 2?

To my knowledge, they are no longer available. Based upon some of the discussion here regarding the DAD units and some other subjects, I would not be quick to offer bootleg copies of the books.

I would think there is enough interest that reprinting by the author would be worthwhile. I have no idea why they were never re-issued.

vic

O6sprinter

I should have specified volume #1, thinks Vic.

I know the codes are available from several links & members. After reading the link posted by michaelyates, I thought it might help me understand common rail a little better.

michaelyares

2005 2500 158" WB
I was looking for a suggested list of PIDs for my OBD Fusion software. I am thinking maybe just select them all but am concerned that there could some kind of issue.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I use OBD Fusion as a driving monitor (showing LOD, HP, GPS Speed, Vehicle Speed, RPM, and MAP) and have looked longingly down the list of custom PIDs available for Ford and GM. Do you know of a MB pid list anywhere?
It would be nice to get it talking to other modules over CAN... things like the TCM to pull up atf temp.
I haven’t gone very deep into it at all - the idea of bricking a module weighs heavily - but being able to passively watch the content flowing on the CANBus is certainly an interesting possibility. Is there a known safe elm script that opens comms to other modules?

-dave

Top Bottom