Current Sprinter Extended Warranty Costs

fluxx43

I am in the market for an extended warranty on my 2016 Sprinter Van 4x4. I wanted to find out what current pricing costs are if anyone knows and if there is a good place to purchase. It seems the sprinter guy is gone??

Thanks in advance

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
I am in the market for an extended warranty on my 2016 Sprinter Van 4x4. I wanted to find out what current pricing costs are if anyone knows and if there is a good place to purchase. It seems the sprinter guy is gone??

Thanks in advance
In my view the only one worth buying is from Mercedes. Contact a dealer for pricing. Others are just third party insurance companies that will trying to limit or deny your claims.

I hope you realize these extended warranties are real money makers for those that issue them. Better to but the equivalent money in a separate savings account and have it ready to cover any extraordinary repair costs beyond routine maintenance that you might encounter. But there is a value in piece of mind if you end up with a major repair bill, but it will cost you.

D

Deleted member 50714

Consumers Reports recommends against extended warranties. Just sayin.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
It is certainly true that any extended warranty not issued by the OEM is insane. Note, however, that even the Mercedes extended warranty is of questionable value, since it (or at least the last one I read) was an inclusionary warranty and did not include many failure-prone emissions items.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
I have always taken the view that you should only purchase insurance for things you cannot pay out of pocket.
So I have never bought an extended warranty on a vehicle.
Of course, I have never owned a German vehicle, except for a motorcycle. Getting BMW to honor the original warranty on that MC (Which I still own) made me realize that German warranties are of questionable value. None of my Japanese vehicles have been at all problematic.
The one and only time I bought an extended warranty, it was on a television, only because it covered "Adjustments and internal cleaning".
The company selling that warranty went out of business 6 months later.

Top Bottom