disable DRL with fuses out...

djomlas

08 2500 DPF MALONE TUNED
what fuses need to be pulled out, and where are they? from som research there should be one for left and one for right light...

***not interested in reasons why or why not, safe or not safe, government law or not, or since its this forum if its ethical or not or if this will affect my tune and dpf filter :bash: ***

thanks in advance

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
don't worry about it :popcorn:
I do worry, but not for the reason you'd assume....

...I worry since your response is anti-social, on a few levels, and one being your reluctance or selfishness to contribute information on this forum. You want information from your peers, but you are not willing to share. :shifty:

Last edited:

djomlas

08 2500 DPF MALONE TUNED

...I worry that response is anti-social, on a few levels, and one being your reluctance or selfishness to contribute information on this forum. You want information from your peers, but you are not willing to share. :shifty:

its a simple question, which fuses....those fuses disable DRL, so thats the answer, I want to disable DRL... besides, what kinda anti social answer can I give you about disabling a bulb? lol

your response to everything on this forum is annoying, so hence the answer to you specifically :popcorn:

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
A 3rd party wiring diagram for the 2007 Sprinter (very close to all 2007-2014) is available here: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/07_Wiring-sprinter-2500.pdf
Exterior lighting starts at figure 27.

Taking a quick look at it, i don't think there's a simple "pull the fuses" method of killing DRLs on the NCV3.
Their lights are controlled by the "Body Control Module" (BCM), which seems to operate from a single fuse.
The BCM may have a relay or two whose removal might kill them, but that's an undocumented guess.
(the BCM is located behind/beside the fuse panel in the driver's kick-well area)

You might have a pathway to override them if you have the Programmable Special Module (PSM), but that's a guess. (and requires programming it...)

--dick

Last edited:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
A 3rd party wiring diagram for the 2007 Sprinter (very close to all 2007-2014) is available here: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/07_Wiring-sprinter-2500.pdf
Exterior lighting starts at figure 27.

Taking a quick look at it, i don't think there's a simple "pull the fuses" method of killing DRLs on the NCV3.
Their lights are controlled by the "Body Control Module" (BCM), which seems to operate from a single fuse.
The BCM may have a relay or two whose removal might kill them, but that's an undocumented guess.
(the BCM is located behind/beside the fuse panel in the driver's kick-well area)

You might have a pathway to override them if you have the Programmable Special Module (PSM), but that's a guess. (and requires programming it...)
Yes, from what I can tell on early vintage NCV3 Sprinters 'DRL' is a very crude version where the BCM is simply programmed to leave the headlights on with headlight switch in the off position (the headlights will go off if the headlight switch is moved to the parking light position), vs. true DRL where the headlamps are operated at a lower voltage for longer bulb life and a less annoying profile. As far as I know there is no simple fuse fix, rather only via programming with an appropriate scan tool as noted above. You also could wire a relay for each lamp to interrupt power via a separate switch, but that's kinda a PITA. By all means, if you find an easier method please let us know.

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500

...I worry since your response is anti-social, on a few levels, and one being your reluctance or selfishness to contribute information on this forum. You want information from your peers, but you are not willing to share. :shifty:

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

I too, would like to be able to have a switch to turn the daytime running lights off on my 06, without pulling a fuse. There are times when camping that this could be useful and appreciated by others in the vicinity, as a curtesy. Geez guys, get a room.

smiller

Any modifications to your Sprinter must first be approved by the social awareness committee.

icarus

Take a deep breath folks. I beleive you can simply turn the headlight switch to the park position which will kill the lights?

Icarus

smiller

Take a deep breath folks. I beleive you can simply turn the headlight switch to the park position which will kill the lights?
Yes, with the switch in the park position parking lights will be on but headlights will be off.

smiller

I'm not sure why not responding to an interrogation as to why you want to disable DRL is somehow 'antisocial', but cluttering up and distracting threads with repeated popcorn emojis is not?

Top Bottom