Highline Cluster Install

enjoitheride

Has anyone swapped out the lowline for highline cluster, and added multifunction wheel? My dealer is working with MB to make sure it will work, but MB is saying another 1-2 months to get a confirmation.

I was wondering if anyone has done this yet. I’ve read about a few people who have swapped the wheel no problem.

Thanks for any guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enjoitheride

I can’t seem to find any info. I found something where a guy was looking at ordering the cluster and installing. However, he never posted on the thread again with update.

sailquik

Just my opinion, but I've had both the non-steering wheel button controls and now I have the steering wheel button
controls.
I hardly use the buttons at all except to switch between the different screens.
With a Scan Gauge II providing most of the important engine/speed/temps/boost data I rarely look at the OEM gauges/speedometer/tachometer/etc.
About the only thing I use a lot in the high line dash is the clock which is also available in the low line dash.
Seems like you would go to a whole lot of trouble, plus having to find someone capable (and with the MB SDS diagnostic system) to reprogram
everything.
So, a lot of effort. for very little gain.
It will require a great deal of electronics change out, lots of re programming to teach in everything.
Pretty sure you cannot find a USA Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer that will even attempt it.
Just get the high line dash in the next Sprinter you purchase.
Roger

enjoitheride

Yeah, I liked the the high line dash for an actual fuel gauge, and the extra info; tire pressure read out, DEF level, trans temp, etc.

The guy at my dealer is super knowledgeable with the Sprinters and has been talking with MB to see if it’s direct swap out. He has no problem doing it, but MB is checking to make sure it doesn’t interfere with anything.

I guess cost will be another determining factor is how worth it is.

Thanks for replying, fellas. I appreciate any info and opinions offered.

D

Deleted member 50714

Yeah, I liked the the high line dash for an actual fuel gauge, and the extra info; tire pressure read out, DEF level, trans temp, etc.

The guy at my dealer is super knowledgeable with the Sprinters and has been talking with MB to see if it’s direct swap out. He has no problem doing it, but MB is checking to make sure it doesn’t interfere with anything.

I guess cost will be another determining factor is how worth it is.

Thanks for replying, fellas. I appreciate any info and opinions offered.

Please keep the forum posted if you pursue the swap out?

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Not all high line dashes have the DEF level. I'm lacking that in my 2013. I've never heard of a trans temp in the dash. Tire pressure is mildly interesting.

You don't have a fuel gauge in your dash? That doesn't sound right.

D

Deleted member 50714

I know it's a fantasy but it would nice to know if the dot matrix DEF level feature retrofitted to earlier vehicles. The bozos at the to closest dealerships to me don't know and not eager to find out.

enjoitheride

Not all high line dashes have the DEF level. I'm lacking that in my 2013. I've never heard of a trans temp in the dash. Tire pressure is mildly interesting.

You don't have a fuel gauge in your dash? That doesn't sound right.

I have a fuel gauge. I just like the analog one on the highline.

enjoitheride

I know it's a fantasy but it would nice to know if the dot matrix DEF level feature retrofitted to earlier vehicles. The bozos at the to closest dealerships to me don't know and not eager to find out.

Thankfully I have an awesome dealer. The guy there is awesome, and actually takes pride in working on these vehicles.

enjoitheride

Still waiting on MB. Looks like the steering might be a go. Waiting to see if cluster will work, and for a final on everything.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
I have a fuel gauge. I just like the analog one on the highline.
Keep in mind that "analog" fuel gauge is really digital. There is an option to get an actual float (or something similar) to measure the fuel level in the tank. And maybe there is a sensor to detect 1/4 of a tank intervals. I don't recall the exact details. (That option is useful if you have something like an Espar heater that uses diesel fuel.)

In general, the level of the tank is calculated from the amount of fuel injected into the engine. So the "analog" gauge is just a white stick indicating whatever the digital data tells it to. (Come to think of it, that's the same for the speedo and tach as well.)

enjoitheride

Thank you for that. Yeah, I just like the idea of the additional data the MFD adds, but things are in limbo. So who knows what will happen. When I had my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, I wanted this special edition cluster they had. 600.00 and it was ready to be installed. Mercedes definitely does things differently.

D

Deleted member 50714

I'll certainly be impressed if the Highline can be easily added.

oilman

I have a high line dash with steering wheel buttons in 2015. It does not have a DEF gauge or tire pressure monitor. I don't think just changing the dash and steering wheel is going give you that functionality if it was not optioned into the van.

danski0224

Just about impossible comes to my mind.

I couldn't even get my dealer to install the Mercedes hitch and wiring kit...

enjoitheride

Just about impossible comes to my mind.

I couldn't even get my dealer to install the Mercedes hitch and wiring kit...

Well, my dealer bought the entire sprinter network in our area. Built a brand new facility to service them. The guy that does the work is passionate about them, and is all about doing this if Mercedes clears it. He’s doing some other aftermarket installs for me, too.

Going to throw him some cash on the side for all his support.

Top Bottom