Sprinter service/repair work??

missouri dave

I keep seeing in various places on the internet that finding a Mercedes dealer willing to service or repair the sprinter based motorhomes (cutaway chassis) can be a problem? How true is this? Also, and more importantly, is the same thing true of the sprinter VANS?

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
If it needs to be lifted for underside repair, some shops do not have the ceiling height, or lift weight capacity of a 10,000 lb. van with a SH Ceiling. Ask here for your area and maybe someone knows of a place, sometimes only one in a state. Some shops do not have wide enough doors for cutaways

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
So for people traveling in these rigs, where do they get them serviced or repaired?

I usually schedule my repairs when I'm home and then use a local Freightliner Sprinter dealer. There are plenty of Mercedes Sprinter shop across the country. There are also lots of independent shops. I used the Sprinter Store shop a few years back when I was in Portland area.

Check out the "Dealer and Supplier List" on this forum.
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream

MeRob

I suggest that you start keeping track of nearby Sprinter Qualified MB Dealer Shops that have a safe parking area for your RV (while waiting for an appointment) AND that have sufficient Shop Floor Space for the Tech/Mechs to work on your Sprinter RV.
Damage due to sloppy manuvering in crowded parking and working spaces is not unheard of.

Chances are, if they have a large MB Shop, they probably have Sprinter experience...but check that out too.
Usually, you only need all the room for a Major Service... once a year or?

Should any questionable 'Mercedes' related problems occur while travelling...call Mercedes and they'll direct you to your closest MB Dealer...

Maybe carry your On-Route 'Closest' MB Dealer etc Information with you just in case.

Nice RV!

Enjoy! Rob

sailquik

Or, you can call the Mercedes 24/7 Roadside Service Support # and see where they send you.
800-367-6372
Often, if you are anywhere near still in warranty, MB picks up the towing.
Also, Good Sam or one of the RV clubs/services that include towing is a pretty good idea.
I've never needed any of that (except for deer encounters that destroyed the front of the van) in well over
600k miles in Sprinters.
Roger

Top Bottom