2011 DEF leaking but no codes

Hi guys, I have a recently purchased 2011 sprinter 3.0L with 97k mikes. Just drove it about 5 hours and ran great. The countdown timer came in to 9 starts remaining and then when I was leaving to head home I noticed a large puddle that turned out to be def fluid under the injector at the exhaust. It was leaking very steady. I messed around with it and removed some of the insulation to see if I could locate the leak source. For some reason this stopped the leak. I kept an eye on it and was able to drive all the way home with no issues at all or warning lights or codes. It looks like the def has feeder hose will need to be replaced. I’m assuming I’ll have to have the dealer reset the countdown timer. Would a leak in the state trip the countdown to start or do you think there’s another issue?
Thanks
Derek

lindenengineering

Hi guys, I have a recently purchased 2011 sprinter 3.0L with 97k mikes. Just drove it about 5 hours and ran great. The countdown timer came in to 9 starts remaining and then when I was leaving to head home I noticed a large puddle that turned out to be def fluid under the injector at the exhaust. It was leaking very steady. I messed around with it and removed some of the insulation to see if I could locate the leak source. For some reason this stopped the leak. I kept an eye on it and was able to drive all the way home with no issues at all or warning lights or codes. It looks like the def has feeder hose will need to be replaced. I’m assuming I’ll have to have the dealer reset the countdown timer. Would a leak in the state trip the countdown to start or do you think there’s another issue?
Thanks
Derek
If you fix the leak immediately & without delay there is a strong likelihood the thing will reset t itself after a few drive cycles.
Dennis

D

Deleted member 50714

I am corn...fused. What indications made conclude the DEF supply line is leaking?

jsmith20

Did you end up replacing the line? I am having similar issue and after replacing the injector it appears the leak is being caused by a possibly bad O-ring on the feed line. I'm not finding a part number to replace the o-ring only and the feed line is DISCONTINUED.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 50714

DEF Pressure delivery line has be updated with improved materials. Seal ring is one time use.

D

Deleted member 50714

Did you end up replacing the line? I am having similar issue and after replacing the injector it appears the leak is being caused by a possibly bad O-ring on the feed line. I'm not finding a part number to replace the o-ring only and the feed line is DISCONTINUED.

Thanks
Caution, there exists an installation locating nub (Black arrow).

Attachments

Top Bottom