How to upgrade car radio?

David Lee

Hi! I'm looking for new android car stereo and want to install Seicane car stereo in my 2012 Mercedes Benz Sprinter. How to install it? Is it difficult to install this by myself or to ask the professional to help?

i had my kenwood unit installed by the experts.

the factory speakers sound pretty good with the kenwood.

i think there s 2 wire adaptors, one being for antenna.

i had pro s do it, also added a small amp and sub woofer too..

rray37375

Zoom Groom Mobile Pet Spa
Go to crutchfield.com. They sell EVERYTHING you need and give you a full set of installation instructions and lifetime technical support. All my vehicles have radios from Crutchfield. They're a great company to work with.

MikMal

I installed my own after the factory radio's volume got stuck; couldn't increase or decrease it. Now the only issue I have is that 99% of the sound comes from the dash speakers. The only way you hear any sound from the door speakers is if you put your head right next to them. I don't know if the problem is with the new radio or if the wire for the speakers isn't directly connected but goes through the van's computer somehow.

D

Deleted member 86082

I just installed a Sony radio in my 2012 from Crutchfield. I wanted the Apple Play. Works great, installation was easy. Cruchfield had all the parts I needed.

+1 for Crutchfield.

@MikMal, on an ncv3 the center dash speaker is dual voice coil and is driven directly by the radio front left and right outputs. The corner dash speakers are tweeters and are driven directly by the radio front outputs through a first order crossover.

MikMal

+1 for Crutchfield.

@MikMal, on an ncv3 the center dash speaker is dual voice coil and is driven directly by the radio front left and right outputs. The corner dash speakers are tweeters and are driven directly by the radio front outputs through a first order crossover.
Thanks. After reading your post, I went out and played with the radio's "setup" mode and got sound out of the center speaker too! What an improvement. To be honest, I didn't even realize there was a center speaker; all the sound was coming from the tweeters. No wonder is sounded so crappy. But, no luck in getting anything from the door speakers. Maybe one day when I'm really bored I
ll pull it out again and check the wiring harness's connections.

Top Bottom