PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure monitoring system

Rollin'downthehighway
06-09-2018, 04:48 PM
I have a number of questions about a tire pressure monitoring system. First, I believe I have a tire pressure monitoring system in my Sprinter. According to the manual "your vehicle has been equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). I have a motorhome with the 3500 vehicle type. How do I know for sure I have a TPMS? It has never shown that I need air in the tires so I can't determine if it is working. After manually checking the tire pressure it seems everything is good. Second, is the TPMS supplied as good as a tire pressure monitoring system that I would install from an outside source such as Tire Minder? It also says in the chassis manual not to install anything on the valves of the tires. Has anyone installed anything on those valves, such as the sensors supplied by the outside manufactures of tire pressure monitors, and had any adverse consequences or no consequences at all? Would be interested to know any good or bad ideas on these things. If installing something on the valves any suggestions on the types. Thanks.

mikeme
06-10-2018, 04:34 PM
mb did not put TPMS in the 3500 cutaway chassis. (the owners manual can talk about stuff not in every specific model.)

use the search tool for TPMS and you will find many threads and opinions.