I just want to say Hello.

Mike LaB.

I joined this forum several hours ago and wanted to introduce myself.
I purchased an '06 Sprinter "leftover" with 500 miles on it from a Freightliner dealer here in south Florida about four months ago. I LIKE it! I've learned a bunch of new to me stuff from just reading the past postings and look forward to contributing once I have something to contribute.
A few of the items I've installed so far are a solar powered roof exhaust fan from Farm Tek, a backup camera from Sam's Club, window vent/screens from Euro Campers and some shallow metal shelving from Home Depot on the partition wall above the front seats. The items stored there like a windshield reflective sun screen, paper towels, etc. are secured with small bungee cords. I've also added a one piece front floor mat from Truck N Vans.
Well, have a great day!!
Mike

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
your very welcome here mike,:thumbup: contrats on your new sprinter, you will find loads of info on here and some great people also:bow:
dont forget to post some pics we love pics here,they give us all new ideas and a different way of looking at things:hmmm:, so enjoy you stay.

max........

I purchased an '06 Sprinter "leftover" with 500 miles on it from a Freightliner dealer here in south Florida about four months ago. I LIKE it! I've learned a bunch of new to me stuff from just reading the past postings and look forward to contributing once I have something to contribute.
A few of the items I've installed so far are a solar powered roof exhaust fan from Farm Tek, a backup camera from Sam's Club, window vent/screens from Euro Campers and some shallow metal shelving from Home Depot on the partition wall above the front seats. The items stored there like a windshield reflective sun screen, paper towels, etc. are secured with small bungee cords. I've also added a one piece front floor mat from Truck N Vans.
Well, have a great day!!
Mike
Congratulations and welcome! How about a picture of the "shallow metal shelving from Home Depot"?

Mike LaB.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll try to post a few photos here. This is my first attempt at this so wish me luck. :thinking:

2IMG_4328.JPG

This is two pieces of shelving I found in the Home Depot, in the wire shelving department. To keep anything from falling off if I brake too hard the small bungees are used.

2IMG_4336.JPG

This is how I mounted the backup camera monitor. I used a cert nut (?) in the headliner and drilled a hole in the factory bracket to attach it. Sometime in the future I'd like to reroute the power wire to get it out of sight. The edges of the sunvisors just clip the edges of the monitor so I have to be cautious when lowering the visors. I can also fold the monitor up in front of the dome light if I want it out of the way.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Well, have a great day!!
Mike
Good to have you here, Mike; it seems you have plunged into a conversion and are going strong. If you haven't already discovered, there have been many posts about experiences with conversions. You will find many of them in the RV section but also scattered throughout, since we aren't compulsive about keeping threads on topic or posting threads under what might be the appropriate heading but may not be as well.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
hey mike tried to send you an pm but you have it disabled? any way the 05 manual should do for your 06 because of them being last in the line.:thumbup:

max.......

Top Bottom