Right Seat Removal on 2017 View

mlmurrah

I have my Trik-L-Start and am ready to install it. When I looked at the four bolts holding the seat in place, I discovered two roadblocks:

1. The bolts have an external Torx head that I had never seen before. I'll have to buy a set of sockets at Home Depot.

2. The inside bolts are enclosed in a small channel that appears to make extraction very difficult. Can some give me advice on the best way to a access these bolts? I am not sure a socket will fit into the side opening, and there may not be enough room to ratchet. They are somewhat open from the top. Perhaps a ratchet with extension might be the way to go.

Any advice much appreciated.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
If you promise not to tell anyone, I have used regular metric sockets on my seat bolts with no ill effects. I wouldn’t do that on higher torque applications. :shhh:

You don’t need to remove the bolts in the channels unless you are replacing the channels. The seat comes off with the 4 easily accessed bolts. Slide the seat fore and aft to make it easy to get at the right bolts.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Whoops. The bolts in the channels ARE the seat bolts. But they’re easy to get with a socket. I probably used a short extension, but I’m not sure it’s necessary.

Top Bottom