PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Transmission Issues

PocketDrop
06-04-2018, 03:23 AM
This topic has been talked about quite a bit, but my symptoms seem to be slightly different than others discussed. I JUST bought this van, so don't know diddly squat about maintenance yet. I hope my lingo isn't too awful lol.

2006 dodge sprinter 140 wb hightop, 300,100 miles

I wasn't having any issues at all until about 45 minutes into my first long drive. After messing with cruise control, my RPMs began sagging. As if the transmission refused to go above 3k. This was true for every gear. It was still shifting, and doing so smoothly. On flat ground, I was averaging about 65 mph, with the accelerator floored. Going up hill was slower, and acceleration was painfully slow, taking about 10-15 seconds to get up to 45-50 mph. Cycling the ignition worked for about 2 minutes, and then the symptoms came right back.

In neutral, I wasn't able to rev over 3k rpm. Until the ignition cycle. After the drive (5 hours total) I parked for about half an hour, then went on a short drive. I experienced no issues, and was able to excede that 3k rpm while accelerating, and while in neutral.

From what I've been able to gather, issues like these usually stem from a number of electronic components that may or may not be directly involved with the transmission. Does anyone have any insight, experienced the same things and/or possibly have a fix specific to these symptoms?

I appreciate your patience and your time!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Midwestdrifter
06-04-2018, 05:12 AM
What you describe is not transmission related. You have a form of engine related Limp Home Mode (LHM). It can be triggered by a number of issues, usually related to intake hose leaks, or sensor readings out of range. T1Ns are know for sometimes going into LHM without setting a check engine light.

Get the van checked with a sprinter compatible scanner. You likely have codes which will help point you in the right direction.

PocketDrop
06-04-2018, 10:24 AM
What you describe is not transmission related. You have a form of engine related Limp Home Mode (LHM). It can be triggered by a number of issues, usually related to intake hose leaks, or sensor readings out of range. T1Ns are know for sometimes going into LHM without setting a check engine light.

Get the van checked with a sprinter compatible scanner. You likely have codes which will help point you in the right direction.Thanks a lot!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk