What do I need to do to make this stereo work in my 2012?

Absalom

I have a 2012 with factory back-up camera, bluetooth (phone only - hence the reason for the change).

What all, if anything, would I need to do to get this stereo to work in my 2012?

I would remove existing unit and compare the plug end on wire harness with what the input looks like on the new unit......in other words will the old harness physically plug into new unit? The only other connection is the antenna wire unless the new one has a rear view camera or NAV. There may be an additional module in dash for nav configuration. I put a Clarion CX501 into my 2012 Sprinter when it was new, best money I ever spent on my van, easy install!

MeRob

If your existing radio is anything like the PIONEER in my 2012 RV... then good luck pulling it it out! ... and getting the new one in!
I contemplated replacing mine too... but quickly gave up after I found that it, plus an assortment of other wiring, was all stuffed under the dash and jammed in tighter than a cow's butt at fly time.

You should be able to look-up/obtain the physical and hook-up specs for your existing and proposed unit on the net. It should be a relatively straight forward switch... but then again...it's a Sprinter! Good Luck

It is tight like most vehicles. It’s not all that difficult, plastic piece pops off center dash, four toro screws hold it in, just slide out. However do be careful reinstalling so you don’t pinch wires, it really is nothing to be afraid of. I’ve had two aftermarket double Din systems in my 2012........go for it!

Top Bottom