PDA

View Full Version : Who can do a TCM verification and reflash?

windseye
05-28-2018, 06:58 PM
I have a 2003 T1N that gets no power to the wheels in any gear. After cleaning the valve body, replacing the conductor plate, filter and fluid and clearing all DTCs there is no change. There is no solenoid activation except one splenoid goes on in Park and Neutral only. I suspect a problem in the TCM.

The service manual has the following included in several sections that relate to problems similar to mine:

"Note: Verify flash level of transmission controller. Some problems are
corrected by software upgrades to the transmission controller.
NOTE: Check for any Technical Service Bulletins that may apply."

Is there anyone who can do this other than a dealer? Can it be done off the vehicle? I do not want to trailer the whole van in to reflash a part that weighs less than half a pound. Dr. A, if you are listening, I plan to call you tomorrow after the holiday.

lindenengineering
05-28-2018, 07:24 PM
As a direct reply to your question. Try SOS diagnostics.
Dennis

lindenengineering
05-28-2018, 07:27 PM
I have a 2003 T1N that gets no power to the wheels in any gear. After cleaning the valve body, replacing the conductor plate, filter and fluid and clearing all DTCs there is no change. There is no solenoid activation except one splenoid goes on in Park and Neutral only. I suspect a problem in the TCM.

The service manual has the following included in several sections that relate to problems similar to mine:

"Note: Verify flash level of transmission controller. Some problems are
corrected by software upgrades to the transmission controller.
NOTE: Check for any Technical Service Bulletins that may apply."

Is there anyone who can do this other than a dealer? Can it be done off the vehicle? I do not want to trailer the whole van in to reflash a part that weighs less than half a pound. Dr. A, if you are listening, I plan to call you tomorrow after the holiday.

Have you looked at the voltage and wire harness resistances the TCM through the blue transmission relay found under the seat?
Dennis

windseye
06-01-2018, 03:22 PM
The blue relay seems to be working. When I remove it the vehicle won't start. In place it starts. The TCM has been sent to Dr. A. I will post the results.