3rd Light Flasher

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I purchased one of these flashers after looking at the wiring diiagram. Seemed like no problem.

But....

Does anyone know where the wire to the 3rd brake light is located on the T1Ns? According to the 2003 manual, is should be somewhere near the right rear tail light. I had both lights and lenses out last weekend, and not only could not find the splice, I found no wire at all going up the rear columns except for the door-open switch wire. I also could not get access to the 3rd light from the outside, as the light fixture appears to be attached with nuts from the inside. I also could not gain access from the inside, as even though I could remove my rear AC's filter panel, the rear AC unit was installed after the headliner was installed, so the headliner blocks access to the 3rd light. I also looked behind the rear air flow grate - nothing there either. I suspect the wire must go through the roof area - possible up an A-column????

I am also guessing now that this flasher product is only viable for cargo Sprinters.

582-583_Page_1.jpg

582-583_Page_2.jpg

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Number 13 on the schematic is the exact position for the entrance for the two small holes to access the nuts that hold the screw behind the metal rear frame above the rear doors.

Wire runs through the top channel need a mouse to feed it through down the centre of the void between rear widow and door frame on the left hand side of your van, that leads you to the brake lamp assembly brake light. wire needs to be spliced into.

Its a pain to get to even with out the headlining.

Note so long as the LED lamps do not exceed the voltage of your brake lamp bulb 12VP21/5W your OK otherwise you'll blow either the brake bulb in the housing or burn out the above top hi roof brake light.
or hook up to a tow wiring package brake light wire it will hold a higher wattage LED or bulbs.
Richard

roof.jpg

Top Bottom