T1N removal of Eberspacher

gordie303

We have an eberspacher water heater behind our headlight, I'd like to remove it and any extra water pipes that are not needed.
Has any one else done this or is there a water pipe diagram anywhere?

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Re: removal of Eberspacher

The easiest/best way is to just remove it and connect the two rubber hoses to each other.
*with a metal, barbed fitting, not a plastic one. The heat has been known to melt the plastic ones.

We have an eberspacher water heater behind our headlight, I'd like to remove it and any extra water pipes that are not needed.
Has any one else done this or is there a water pipe diagram anywhere?
If you live in the road salt northeast I would jumper out the metal lines. It is easy to do.

Jumper or Bypass the Espar and Piping OM647
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50483

Remove Espar Heater from T1N
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30427

If you decide to leave the piping in circuit I believe that a 3/4" PEX 90 or 45 degree fitting works to join the Espar OEM hose inlet and outlet.

vic

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence

A coolant (high temp) rated plastic barb fitting would be fine. Most auto parts stores stock heater hose fittings behind the counter.

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis

I just found ours.... not sure how to even turn it on or the maintenance that is probably needed. Here we go, another adventure!

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter

A coolant (high temp) rated plastic barb fitting would be fine. Most auto parts stores stock heater hose fittings behind the counter.
I'm the guy who used a plastic fitting from the Home Depot sprinkler department. I only planned a temporary fix to swap out the Espar for a new one.
The connector only started leaking at the places it melted.:cry:

Top Bottom