road trip to death valley

fosterama

Hi,
We took a 2 week road trip to Death Valley and the general area in early April.
Glasseye (aka: Peter) has some great images of Death Valley and of the Eureka Dunes on the forum, and Vic and others have posted on some great places nearby, so we decided to head that way in the van!
Here is an Adobe Spark link to the desert trip:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/dbocAIH3lTmuM/

ranchworld

'06 158 2500 Passenger
Nice photos and great ideas for destinations. I really like the Adobe Spark thing, I am going to try that next trip...

glasseye

YAY! So glad to see you guys enjoying your new Sportsmobile and all those fantastic locations. We are so blessed!:rad:

fosterama

After tent camping for 40 plus years having a van makes it pretty easy to travel.
(being retired now helps, too!)
There are a ton of people getting out there and enjoying the landscapes of the USA- we are blessed as a nation that these natural wonders, open spaces, parks and monuments have been protected and saved for generations to come!

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
What's the name of the campground with personal tubs? I understand if it is top secret. Great trip (and a Frito sighting too).

fosterama

Hi SprinterSnale,
It would be easy to drive right through "town" without noticing it- the official name is "Old House and Inn at Benton Hot Springs". There are a couple of houses next to the road but the campground (11 spaces) isn't visible from the highway.

bentonhotsprings.org

It is on California Hwy 120 about 3 miles wsw of Benton (where Hwy 6 and Hwy 120 meet), and about 30 miles nnw of Bishop.
There is a graveyard of old farm equipment, and across the highway are a few homes and a Native American owned recreational marijuana dispensary.
At the Inn they have a handout with directions to some local petroglyphs and hikes.
I think you'd like it!

Top Bottom