Hose Question

ko4nrbs

I bought several coolant hoses from Europarts a while back and just got around to replacing the old ones. Hose Part number 9018326723 C-No can not be found on my Sprinter.

Description from Europarts
High-quality, OES coolant hose for Sprinter T1N, including both 2500 and 3500 editions. This hose is located between the cylinder head and auxiliary water pump (recirculating).

Any ideas?

Is the auxiliary water pump the little electric one that cools the EGR valve?

Bill

doug022984

Sporadic Member Since 2015
Do you have a picture of the hose? Based on the parts manual and the picture on Europarts-SD, that looks like it might be a hose for the OM612 engine (although I'm not positive). I'll be able to tell with a picture because the OM647 engine has a hose go from the EGR valve back to the aux pump (mounted to the fire wall) and doesn't come from the head itself. Assuming your RV uses the OM647 engine based on 2006 model year chassis, you would need Coolant hose A in the attachment, which is the one that goes from the EGR to the aux pump.

Attachments

Last edited:

ko4nrbs

Do you have a picture of the hose? Based on the parts manual and the picture on Europarts-SD, that looks like it might be a hose for the OM612 engine (although I'm not positive). I'll be able to tell with a picture because the OM647 engine has a hose go from the EGR valve back to the aux pump (mounted to the fire wall) and doesn't come from the head itself. Assuming your RV uses the OM647 engine based on 2006 model year chassis, you would need Coolant hose A in the attachment, which is the one that goes from the EGR to the aux pump.
I have the 647 engine. It doesn't fit on the EGR valve or the little electric pump.
This is it:
https://sprintersupplier.com/?s=9018326723

Bill

doug022984

Sporadic Member Since 2015
I believe that is indeed an OM612-only hose. Here's what's in the parts manual for that hose PN, shows it going from the pump to the head item 11, which is what the OM612 engine does. I removed pretty much every hose on my 647 engine and don't recall any looking like what you have in the link. I attached pictures of the other hose on the recirc pump with its part number along with the hoses that connect to the ESPAR heater. Only other ones you could check are those running from the passenger side of the engine up to the water valve and then the one from the water valve in to the heater core. I didn't remove those and they have double bends like your picture, but they're not the same part number as what you provided. The part number you provided is for the hose going from the recirc pump to the head for the OM612 engine only.

Attachments

Top Bottom