Emergency lights not working....

gilee

2006 Sprinter 2500 Camper
Hi
I just realized my emergency lights on my 2005 Sprinter is not working.... Signal lights works thou so cannot be light bulbs or fuse...
Any thoughts?

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
The 4-way flashers have a separate circuit and fuse (so they can work without the key).
I’ll take a wade through the service manual and edit this post with more specifics... hang in.
Okay: the Hazard lamps are fed by Fuse Block #1, Fuse 9 (15amp)
(This matches the index on my fuse box cover.)

The turn signals (and wiper motor) are fed via Fuse 6 (20amp)

-dave

Last edited:

gilee

The 4-way flashers have a separate circuit and fuse (so they can work without the key).
I’ll take a wade through the service manual and edit this post with more specifics... hang in.
Okay: the Hazard lamps are fed by Fuse Block #1, Fuse 9 (15amp)
(This matches the index on my fuse box cover.)

The turn signals (and wiper motor) are fed via Fuse 6 (20amp)

-dave
Thank you Dave.
I just went out and checked, Unfortunately, the Fuse #9 15amp is intact...
Now I am lost... the only thing I can think of, will be the hazard light switch is bad?? but what is the likely hood it goes bad? I mean, how often someone use the hazard lights... lol.
I may need to take out the switch and open it up to see if it's good.
Any suggestions on other area I should look into? THANKS

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The 2006 service manual is here: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

The wiring diagrams are section 8W, there's a subsection on "Front lighting" (8W-50) which includes the hazard circuitry.

--dick
p.s. i see there's at least one typo... on page 8w-50-2 they have two different colored wires both going from the fuse block to splice S351.
Page 8w-50-5 has the correct designations, one each to S351 and S352.

S351 and S352 are next found in the rear lighting section, page 8w-51-5

On a quick scan through 8w-50 and 8w-51, i don't see where they actually get the wires to the front turn signal bulbs.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here's the entire turn signal system culled from the service manuals...
Unlike the 2006 manual page 8w-50-2 i mentioned above, this one has 8w-52-2 properly showing the hazard connections and the connections to the bulbs.

TurnSignalsT1N.png

--dick

gilee

Here's the entire turn signal system culled from the service manuals...
Unlike the 2006 manual page 8w-50-2 i mentioned above, this one has 8w-52-2 properly showing the hazard connections and the connections to the bulbs.

View attachment 96484

--dick
Thank you as always!
Alot to digest... as well as the ACR thing I am trying to understand.
Will look through it and I am sure I will have alot of questions.
THX AGAIN!

Top Bottom