Response time

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I don't know if it's related to the search bar issue, but something is REALLY slowing down the entire forum today.

Posts, edits, etc are all really really slow to respond and load. With some timing out (as seen by Chrome on Windows)

--dick (example: this post took 21 seconds from clicking Submit to appearing)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Re: What happened to the google search bar??

I don't know if it's related to the search bar issue, but something is REALLY slowing down the entire forum today.

Posts, edits, etc are all really really slow to respond and load. With some timing out (as seen by Chrome on Windows)

--dick (example: this post took 21 seconds from clicking Submit to appearing)
Unrelated. Yes, I'm working on this since this morning. It seems to hang when the browser is doing a TLS handshake with the site. I can ping the site easily, but the "https" is slowing things down.

autostaretx

Erratic Member

TLS: Yes, the long pauses happen after the initial click (pause) then the browser reports "setting up secure connection" (pause), then the content finally fills in fairly quickly...

good luck
--dick (Chrome, Win10, 40Mbs connection on a gigabit fiber)

autostaretx

Erratic Member

...and now it's quite snappy (i.e. good) ... 12:45 pm PDT

thanks!
--dick

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
As of the time stamp on this post, the site seems to be back to slow on most items (the password re-verification screen seems unaffected).

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
The tls velocity is slow as molasses. It's Too viscous.

D

Deleted member 50714

Same here. At first, thought it was my provider throttling my speed but doesn't happen elsewhere.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
I've been experiencing the same thing over the last couple of days. Not complaining, just reporting. I'm sure the repair efforts are on-going.

In the mean time, my workaround is click, switch tabs and read something else, then return to read here.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
And now (from 7pm-ish onward) it's truly in the toilet.

Chrome is simply timing out. Multiple reload attempts required to bring this thread up and write this comment.

(perhaps we should temporarily abandon TLS? (boy, will that break bookmarks)
Is it your certificate server/authenticator? (i.e. kick the can up the chain...)

good luck, seek...
--dick

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Still figuring things out. There were no changes to the site for over a month and the slowdown started to occur ~3 days ago.

The apache2 server processes are not closing properly (according to the host admins). So when they don't close properly, it reaches its maximum causing a slowdown. Something similar to a DDoS attack.

I do not know what these processes are since I do not have sudo privileges to get to these processes/logs, but hopefully I will get some information soon.

Top Bottom