2006 passenger rear A/C oil and refrigerant capacity

smackie

Hi
The hose with the special pipe end that attaches to the rear a/c compressor is leaking oil at the crimp. Bought a new hose with the special crimped ends from Europarts. Can’t find the oil capacity and refrigeratant weight for the rear factory fitted unit. Any have the specs on that?
Cheers
Drew

lindenengineering

Well Drew`
Depending upon the system installed it will be 2,75 or 5,5 lbs.
Doubt you have lost much oil due to the position of the compressor so I wouldn't worry about that since it will either PAG 100 or 45--observe that plate on the secondary compressor.
If you consult a mobile A/C shop using the weights i gave you you can confirm the actual charge by doing full performance check .

Of course it begs the question are you going to be foolhardy and try a self DIY charge with a can or two of the big gulp yum yum from an auto part store?
So far as oil is concerned due to the fact that the refrigerant is restricted to the public you will only get a small amount if actual refrigerant in the can you are in fact buying some every expensive cheap oil .
Last year I did an actual evacuate three 20 oz cans from a local parts store!
I got just over 6 oz out of one, 13,1 oz out of another and 4,6 oz out of the third!
At 5,5 lbs you are likely to fill half the system with oil!:thumbdown:
Your choice
Mr Caveat Emptor strikes again.
Dennis

Top Bottom