PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding a source for...

Old Master
01-16-2007, 02:27 AM
...an exterior (left rear door) spare tire rack for my '04 Sprinter. And, I apologize if this isn't the proper forum to ask this particular question. Okay, SprinterAccessories(dot)com :thumbdown: is asking $185 :wtf: :crazy: I really don't need it to be gold plated; I was hoping for something a little less expensive. I'd appreciate any help :thumbup: (lol...I love these "smilies.")

sikwan
01-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Hi Old Master:

I checked sprinter accessories and they want $195 instead and that's not including shipping.

Maybe someone else will know a place that has a better price.

The only thing I've found is...

http://www.trucknvans.com/Custom_Tire_Rack_Dodge_Sprinter_Van_p/ts100.htm

...for $168.00 w/ free shipping (no tax, unless you live in California).

:cheers:
Seek

ps. They also accept credit cards. :thumbup:

Scott_Mc
01-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Just curious why you do not want to leave ithe spare underneath? (IN)Ease of access?

Old Master
01-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Scott...yours is an obvious question and one I expected. I'm not looking to carry my Sprinter spare tire, but one for the boat I pull, and then only on long trips. My boat trailer has no place to accomodate a bolt-on spare tire rack...none; so unless I want to just toss the tire up into my boat...well, you get the idea. Also, I'm quite handy with wood, wood tools, etc., and when I'm not using the rack for my boat tire, I want to carry an attractive, small, wooden box for my Honda generator, cords, etc.

THANX AND A THUMBS UP TO SEEK...THAT'S WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR, SEEK, AND I PROBABLY WON'T FIND IT ANY CHEAPER. APPRECIATE THE HELP, BUDDY...

JOHN

Scott_Mc
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Maybe you could fabricate something from slotted angle? Roof rack an option?

Old Master
01-17-2007, 03:01 AM
You read my mind, Scott. I hadn't thought about it before today, but $195 for a piece of curved pipe... I'm sure I could bolt two or three pieces of metal together...probably do a better job for about $10 or a little more. Maybe a piece electrical conduit, and I have access to a pipe bender. I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...Oh, excuse me, I'm talking to myself here... :lol:

chaozz
01-17-2007, 03:18 AM
or hit a junk yard and get one from some car left for dead there