Oil around injectors

kjg912

2006 T1N 2500
I get a bit of oil pooling in my injector wells (not Black Death)! I've had to install a timesert in #1 injector (12mm by 1.5) and the Mercedes dealer apparently installed a helicoil on #2 (also a 12mm by 1.5 bolt) the one time they worked on the van (and left me with 5 other problems to fix!) It is not as bad a problem as the leaking valve cover gasket that they improperly installed or the two coolant leaks (one clamp overtightened and the other not installed) but does anyone know of a fix short of getting a new Head? Thanks

kjg912

2006 T1N 2500
So take out the #1 and #2 injectors and look for small crack leaks around the ports and JB anything found on the head!

kjg912

2006 T1N 2500
Sorry, that should be 8mm by 1.5 inserts, not 12mm. The original threads/bolts were 6mm by 1.0 i believe.

sailquik

Is the fluid/oil collecting around the base of the injectors motor oil.....or diesel?
Should be able to tell by dipping a cloth or paper towel down next to the leaking injectors
and then give it a smell test.
The difference in odor between the 2 should be noticeable.
What sort of bolts are you using for injector hold down bolts?
Did your TimeSert and the dealers helical restore the threads for the hold down bolts to
the original size?
The hold down bolts, and the protocol to torque them down is pretty special, and not just any
bolt will work.
You have replaced all the hold down bolts for the injectors with new bolts each time you had an
injector out.....right?
They are "stretch/torque to yield" bolts and are a one use only.
Always replace them when removing/replacing an injector.
Roger

Top Bottom