SI100-20-D-0029A Revisited 906 aka NCV3 OCI

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

So, 20,000 miles at about one DPF regen every 500 miles equals 40 regenerations. Hum, I am curious how much unburied fuel actually ends up in the crankcase oil and how long it takes to, for lack of a better term, evaporate and what residues remain?

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Testing will provide % of diesel in engine oil. I suspect that vehicle and driving condition differences will result in differences in % of diesel in engine oil.

Data is required before conjecture.

D

Deleted member 50714

Testing will provide % of diesel in engine oil. I suspect that vehicle and driving condition differences will result in differences in % of diesel in engine oil.
Agreed!

Data is required before conjecture.
Agreed! My dear comrade Mike, no conjecture on my behalf, I am only highlighting points of interest and asking questions. Notice the question marks???

SI100-20-D-0029A is the most informative MB Service Information publication, the result of MB engineering data concerning OCI's, I have reviewed on this forum. Surprisingly, many of our esteemed Sprinter Forum Gurus, for whatever reasons, have have misinterpreted and/or "Brushed-off" as insignificant. Shiver me timbers, hoist the mizzen and jack the main!

THE FOUR STAGES OF TRUTH

It would appear to be an indelible human trait that the 'truth' about nearly all issues goes through four distinct phases known colloquially as "the four stages of truth".

During the first stage, the issue goes unrecognized and is therefore ignored.

The second stage is one of ridicule, as in "that's ridiculous".

The third stage is characterized by a period of vehement denial.

Finally, the fourth stage witnesses the truth being recognized as "self evident."

Da NOx

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
So, 20,000 miles at about one DPF regen every 500 miles equals 40 regenerations. Hum, I am curious how much unburied fuel actually ends up in the crankcase oil and how long it takes to, for lack of a better term, evaporate and what residues remain?
It's a good way to sell new vans.

showkey

Supposedly the forced regen in the stall (not driving) is a lot more “harsh” and or causes more concern of oil dilution. The published instructions on forced regen in the stall mentions oil change is required after the procedure in complete.

D

Deleted member 50714

Supposedly the forced regen in the stall (not driving) is a lot more “harsh” and or causes more concern of oil dilution. The published instructions on forced regen in the stall mentions oil change is required after the procedure in complete.
Yes, I agree and my interpretation as well. Would you share those publications about forced regeneration?

D

Deleted member 50714

It's a good way to sell new vans.
I am telling ya and who better to know than you?

"A knowledgeable consumer is a powerful consumer." - Bobnoxious

Caveat emptor my brothers and sisters!

D

Deleted member 50714

Using terms from Avant's DPF regeneration log. There exists two regeneration modes, travel distance and external request (aka forced or manual). Others may exist.

Using data from the DPF History log:

There is no Significant difference between the length of regeneration between travel distance and external request. Both being about 15 minutes. Star Xentry feature allows for a moving or traveling DPF regeneration but for a longer length of time. I agree forced regenerations appear to be more harsh and trying to prove why?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom