Noticed rust at roof seam

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Yesterday Sun was right to high light orange rust at the Sprinters roof Seam, the seam that rolls over from top front heading down;; both sides. Vehicles dripping wet this morning, after the dew
evaporates I'll get a ladder take a look and take a pic. Vehicles 10years outside.

No Vic I'm not going use eternal bond.

Looking at the seam now; the rust is difficult to see, don't think it will photograph. I'll photo it later when the sunlight is right.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuksGrAbc1c

Last edited:

Uragan

Same. 2007 sprinter.
Also inner side of the hood, rear cargo doors bottom corners where the doors meet. And many other spots.
That is how they are built

D

Deleted member 50714

I am sorry, only to lighten things up a bit. Instead of JB Weld try two shots of JD (Jack Daniels) and forget about it. (As I go and look at my van's roof).

CJPJ

image.png
As prescribed using sour mash I lightened up the two seams, there free of dirt, two ounces per side

Last edited:

No Vic I'm not going use eternal bond.

I really don't like to get into personal matters, but aligning with your religion of choice should be long lasting. Stick with it.

I would recommend that you don't use Eterna Bond tape in an area such as yours because it has so much contour and shape.

Have fun.

:cheers: vic

CJPJ

Water has penetrated the sealant, seeing rust on both sides of the sealant. The in-question sealant is approx 3foot(90mm) x 1/2inch(13mm) side.
I have appointment to get a written estimate tomorrow.

Top Bottom