Turbo Resonator

Zcribb123

Or ya could replace with the aluminium onr that will never fail or crack. Also check the hot and cold side in the intercooler. Inspect the upper hose going into the intake for crackes they are known to have splits and fail

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Ok, I may just get the aluminum one to be sure that it doesn't fail again in future. I guess the dormans had a pretty good track record but don't want to take any chances.

Spend your money as you wish.

Has your Turbo Resonator TR been leaking? Does it show any signs of oil seepage? You may have other boost problems.

My 2004 and 2006 are running OEM MB TR's with no issues. In my opinion the TR failures seem to be related to heavier Sprinters like full blown RV's.

For trips I do carry parts/tool boxes which I transfer to my Sprinter of choice. The parts include a spare TR and the tools for changing it.

:2cents: vic

Spend your money as you wish.

Has your Turbo Resonator TR been leaking? Does it show any signs of oil seepage? You may have other boost problems.

My 2004 and 2006 are running OEM MB TR's with no issues. In my opinion the TR failures seem to be related to heavier Sprinters like full blown RV's.

For trips I do carry parts/tool boxes which I transfer to my Sprinter of choice. The parts include a spare TR and the tools for changing it.

:2cents: vic
Thanks Vic, I saw another thread regarding the actuator linkage and I am going to check that as well. I appreciate the insight very much.

So I took the old resonator off, and tested it for leaks. It was leaking pretty bad around the seam (common failure). I also looked at the actuator assembly and checked my linkage. It was free when I disconnected the arm and not frozen in place. I will have to visibly inspect it when I have someone else there to rev the engine and watch the actuator work. I changed the air filter it was very packed with road dirt, I actually had to vacuum the air-box out. I installed the aluminum resonator and it seems to be acting much better.

Top Bottom