Differential gear ratio?

Trucked

I have an '08 2500 low roof and I seem to recall this model came with a unique lower gear ratio. I'm unable to locate this info on my paperwork or otherwise online.

Can anyone verify this for me? I was under the impression that this low roof, short wheelbase had the lower ratio to improve fuel mileage when used as a delivery vehicle. But I use it as a heavily ladened contractor van and could use a higher ratio...

TIA

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Send a Private Message to Roger, aka forum member 'Sailquik' with your VIN and an email address and ask him to pull your 'Data Card' which will give all yours vans build data including the diff ratio.

Keith.

Emgo

Trucked, I'm looking for a higher speed Diff (lower numerically) for my 07 2500. Currently has the 4.182. I think 3.92 is common. I have read there is a 3.72 in some of the low roof models but I've never found one. Let me know what you have. You can look your VIN up here http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Remember, if you change your diff ratio you will probably have to have your computers updated or wheel speeds will not match gear ratios and may throw an error!

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
The axle tube right side has a metallic sticker that identifies the differentials ratio. Here is a picture of the sticker.

image.png

Trucked

Thanks for the help guys. I tried taking the quick way out and crawled under to look for the sticker, unfortunately I only found half of it.

I used Ken's link and it identified my VIN as having the 3.91. All of the other info there seemed correct so perhaps this is already the best overall choice for me anyway....

Top Bottom