MERCEDES ADMITS THEY LIE.

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

This is an interesting video and suspect it wasn't scripted. Review 6:45-7:05. And, if it wasn't scripted, the host is talented. I enjoy the German accent. Weehicles, sohumbs (thumbs), etc. I like the gear shift location, my knee can bump the current location.

Not sure if the screenshot is legible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGEhljFWFk

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
liking the new interior and controls

I think I ll hold off on 2018 and wait for a 2019
I'm not currently in the market, but you might want to think about it in this way: the 2018 is the final year of a maturing vehicle, i.e. many problems have been worked out over the lifecycle of the NCV3. 2019 is the first year of a new series. There will be production problems to overcome, some engineering will be new and not fully shaken out, techs will not as experienced, etc

I always try to avoid the first year or two of a new vehicle series.

I would think much of the technology in the 2019 sprinter is already in use thru out the car line up.

and a 7 speed or even 9 speed tranny too. the s350 with v6 blutech came with the 7 speed tranny in 2012.

D

Deleted member 50714

I'm not currently in the market, but you might want to think about it in this way: the 2018 is the final year of a maturing vehicle, i.e. many problems have been worked out over the lifecycle of the NCV3. 2019 is the first year of a new series. There will be production problems to overcome, some engineering will be new and not fully shaken out, techs will not as experienced, etc

I always try to avoid the first year or two of a new vehicle series.
Eactly what me pappy had told me and sounds logical. First two model years are "Test" coupons. Especially, the first.

SOCAL2015

I would probably shy away from the first 6 months of production. These will be built in a brand new plant in the US.

When Mercedes launched the new C300 W205 in 2015 in the US they were built for the first time in the US and experienced many build problems for the first 6 months.

But aside from the new technology (interface, etc..) as HAPASCHOLD mentioned the rest of the driveline has already been out for a while (transmissions and engines). The new van will definitely be an upgrade to our 12 year old design and I for one would not buy a 2018 current generation given what is coming in the next year - I would have buyers remorse even with a steep discount...

Top Bottom