Noises in 2008 Dodge Sprinter

Dennisanddan

I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter with 272k miles. Just recently, every bump I go over sounds like I have a gallon of loose change attached to the car and I cant figure out what is making that happen. I also have a huge lurch anytime I shift from P to R on a slight incline where I park. I figure I am close to a new transmission point but before making any decisions, I need to make sure im on the right track.

Does anyone have advice on:

1. What those noises could be?
2. Why the truck is lurching?
3. Local places in the Bay Area that are well known for working on Sprinter Vans?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

dnshaf

I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter with 272k miles. Just recently, every bump I go over sounds like I have a gallon of loose change attached to the car and I cant figure out what is making that happen. I also have a huge lurch anytime I shift from P to R on a slight incline where I park. I figure I am close to a new transmission point but before making any decisions, I need to make sure im on the right track.

Does anyone have advice on:

1. What those noises could be?
2. Why the truck is lurching?
3. Local places in the Bay Area that are well known for working on Sprinter Vans?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
First thing I would do is to check the drive shaft to see if it has play in it. Then I would change the transmission fluid in the torque converter and drop the pan to see if there is anything unwanted in it. Make sure to use Mercedes or Fuchs fluid.
Dan

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom