Advice on Getting My for Parts Van Running, Missing Key

Emgo

Short as possible. Bought a 2007 diesel 2500 that needs an engine. Bought a 2007 3500 rust bucket 160,000 miles supposedly good engine but no key. Got the 3500 home swapped ECM, column lock, ignition switch and instrument cluster from the 07 2500 that has a key. Starter motor will not work . Using the Icarsoft scan tool I’m getting 4804 N3014 ESP control unit coding string not valid and CAN signal accel pedal value not valid. On the ECM side I’m getting code 1234-0000 and 1222-000 which are accel pedal codes. When I monitor actual values on the accel pedal the reading on both inputs are 0, no change when moving the pedal. I swapped pedals, same results. I’m guessing I need to swap the ABS module. Is that my next logical step? I’d like to hear the engine run before I start the remove and replace process to make sure it has no odd noises or excess blue smoking. Any short cut would be fine like just apply 12 volts to pin XXX at the ECM. The remote locking/unlocking works fine if that helps any.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

Emgo

I can't explain it but this evening when I got home I tried to start it and the starter spun the engine over. It took several tries but it had been sitting for weeks. It started, no blue smoke and no unusual noise, I got lucky. The accel pedal is still not working but that's too important. Strange thing is that after I cut it off it won't restart, I don't get it? Only thing I did was leave it a trickle charger on last night.

Ken

Top Bottom