Adding AUX input to OEM Radio

VinceP

2005 158" High Roof Pass.
Hi all,

I am looking to add a AUX input to my 2005 Sprinter OEM radio. It's a CD player so I think it's a Sound 30?

Is there a plug-and-play cable available to your knowledge?

Thanks!

Some info is here.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6203

You didn't ask this.
For under 100 bucks I got a name brand (if name matters anymore) radio... head unit from Crutchfield that included Bluetooth access for cell phone and music use.

In my opinion, the sound quality and custom audio selection options of the replacement units are far superior to the OEM Becker Sound model in either my 2004 or 2006.

vic

glasseye

In my opinion, the sound quality and custom audio selection options of the replacement units are far superior to the OEM Becker Sound model in either my 2004 or 2006.
vic
+1

I installed a $100 Sony unit that beats the stock item in all departments. I also upgraded the execrable dash speakers for about $40.

But the "On while no key" feature is the best!
That is the one feature that works well on the Becker Sound units. :thumbup:

One drawback is that without the engine and road noise the overall poor audio quality is even more evident. Replacing speakers does help some with that.

Fortunately the OEM T1N radio is basic enough that steering wheel controls, nav system, etc. are not a concern.

I gladly gave up the key off timed option to get hands free phone, Bluetooth music, USB plug in, etc. The DIN mount needs no adapter for the trim to look good.

:2cents: vic

bcman

I'm gonna have to back the opinion of ditching that awful OEM radio. If listening to the radio with the key out is important, you can always wire up a separate switch for the ACC wire like Sikwan did.

I spent all of $75 on a JVC head unit. No CD, but has AM/FM, 3.5mm aux input, USB input, bluetooth for calls and audio streaming, an external microphone, and an infrared remote. And waaaaayy better sound.

kjg912

2006 T1N 2500
I have put aftermarket stereos into two T1N's - both went in easily with the wiring harness/faceplate adaptors available for Sprinters. Both units were wired to turn on and off manually (independent of the acc key operation) and new speakers are also a must! Both units came with remotes for controlling from the rear bed and have aux ports, USB ports and can play from a variety of sources/inputs. Keeping the stock radio was never an option considered, especially considering the cost of newer, far better replacement units!

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Using the Aux input, I have added a USB/bluetooth adapter that cost all of $7. I changed out the front speakers and added 6x9 rear speakers.
I tried a couple of other radios but switched back to the OEM.

VinceP

2005 158" High Roof Pass.
ECU, where did you get the adapter ? I don't want to replace the radio, the sound is just acceptable, but I don't care, it's working fine for me. I just want to have the AUX input.

Thanks

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I picked up the aux adapter from Crutchfield years ago.
The bluetooth adapter came from ebay and fits in the dash cubby.
I can not find the adapter at Crutchfield any more.
Here is one on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-06-Mercedes-Dodge-Freightliner-Sprinter-radio-AUX-INPUT-cable-5001-864-/252740341932
And here is the bluetooth I use.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Vehicle-02EBT-MP3-Decoder-Board-Bluetooth-Hands-free-Call-Remote-Control-New/282368623805?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Top Bottom