Radio Fitment

SKORPiO

Hello,

My first post :)

I am trying to install one of those Android HU that you can purchase on e-bay. Auction number 132476675461. However seller claims that this unit will only fit 2007 to 2014 Sprinter. I have searched google pictures and from what I see, 2007 to 2017 radio opening looks the same. Its the same bezel that covers the radio and HVAC controls.

All I need is for radio to fit inside the opening and bolt in. I can re-wire plugs without problems if that is the only issue.

Does anyone know if you can fit 2007 radio into 2017? Are those radios dimensionally same?

Thank you, Regards, Bart.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
Seicane unit was clean plug-in, GPS antenna needed to be mounted - I mounted in the center of the top of the dasboard, it came with all electrical adaptors and fit in the hole perfectly.

I recommend the AI MBK150 dash kit. The Scosche kit Crutchfield carry is rubbish. The mating surface for the head unit is curved and leaves an ugly gap unless you install the head unit protruding way too much (ugly).

SKORPiO

Seicane unit was clean plug-in, GPS antenna needed to be mounted - I mounted in the center of the top of the dasboard, it came with all electrical adaptors and fit in the hole perfectly.
Thank you for reply. I see you have a 2013 model. Do you think that radio would fit 2014, 2015, 2016? By looking at pictures, it looks the same. I was just hoping someone knows for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
Thank you for reply. I see you have a 2013 model. Do you think that radio would fit 2014, 2015, 2016? By looking at pictures, it looks the same. I was just hoping someone knows for sure.

I think the dashboard wasn’t change in 2014 but am not absolutely sure.

Motodisiac

Moto Terrorist
I got one off Aliexpress and it fit fine in 2016 except the wiring was wrong. Bought wiring adapter in Amazon and it works fine now. I think that is the difference between older and newer Sprinters.

SKORPiO

I got one off Aliexpress and it fit fine in 2016 except the wiring was wrong. Bought wiring adapter in Amazon and it works fine now. I think that is the difference between older and newer Sprinters.
Thank you! This is the info I was looking for.

Vanzer Pagen

I'm looking for a plug n play replacement for the Audio 15 that came with my '16 Cargo. Looked at a lot of the name brand units like Kenwood and Pioneer but seems they need a lot of mods to make everything (like steering wheel buttons, etc. ) work, and after reading what a few folks have gone through I'd rather spend my time on other projects instead of tracking down adapters and dongles and ....
George Ra has mentioned the Seicane which was new to me before his post. Any other units out there that make it easy?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Meikodel

Try these guys Lots of choice for direct fit units. Easy to fit and comes with pre programmed CANBUS box for steering wheel controls etc.
I've hooked up GPS, DAB+ radio, Dashcam and back up Camera which weren't O/E on my van and all work fine.

Last edited:

Vanzer Pagen

Thanks, that's quite a selection; why can't I ever find these? I guess I'm "search challenged" ;)
Funny, while having coffee this morning I was staring at a picture of my bike resting on a grassy knoll above Idrigal point and thinking how much I want to go back to Skye.
Then the universe sends me a Scot with great ideas.

Try these guys Lots of choice for direct fit units. Easy to fit and comes with pre programmed CANBUS box for steering wheel controls etc.
I've hooked up GPS, DAB+ radio, Dashcam and back up Camera which weren't O/E on my van and all work fine.

Top Bottom