"Fuel Equalizer"

Fuel Equalizer - what part by the vacuum and high pressure fuel pump would be called by this? Diesel mechanic's terminology.

Sounds like a term to extract more money from your wallet. :idunno:
:lol:

To topic.

Seabiscuit,

What are you trying to cure/resolve?

I recall that there is a transition point in control after starting which Doktor A mentioned one time. I don't recall the details. Some searching wasn't very fruitful.

Found it, but it may not apply to OM612 engines.
Got the diag from Dr. A. For the first 30 seconds or so there is a solenoid on the end of the rail that controls all rail pressure and bleed back to the return line. On 04+ models there is another control piece on the high pressure pump that takes over fuel delivery quantities after 30 seconds. So one of the two pieces is acting up and we are gonna use a DAD to find out which one. Ill let everyone know the results. Thanks!
The post #3 pictures here should answer your question.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37065

Fuel quantity valve or Fuel Pressure Relief valve? If your OM612 has those.

vic

Last edited:
Thanks Aqua, I had a Mercedes mechanic replace the high pressure fuel pump since it was leaking, but had no non-start issues. Their description on work performed was - removed upper boost hose, vacuum pump, fuel equalizer, and serpentine belt, all lines and electrical connector from pump.

Ten miles after their work was done the high fuel line on the low pressure fuel pump came loose and washed the engine with diesel. The clip on that line has had a broken circular clasp for thousands of miles. The new pump must have increased the pressure enough to push out the line. So, I'm trying to get an idea what part they removed, are referring to, before we have our discussion.

FWIW, My hpfp doesn't look like your diagrams and I don't think it has a quantity valve.

Update:
The work was done at Sun Motors. They sent a tow truck to return me to their mechanic. They gave me a 2017 loaner van [5 days, 400 miles]. The mechanic replaced the broken clip at the low pressure pump by replacing the whole "T" fuel line from the low and high pressure pumps to low pressure sensor. His method of installment was to remove the vacuum pump and low and high pressure pumps. Cleaned off all diesel spill.

No Charge for above.

I still don't know what he meant by fuel equalizer, but it's working fine.

lindenengineering

Yes its block junction arr' found under the manifold.
Pipe are connected to it to allow a return flow.
Seek and yeh shall find applies !:laughing:

Yes those clips!!
Disturb them only by even touching and they can break.
Expensive day for Sun Motors unfortunately.

Dennis

Top Bottom